10-day winter forecast?

zeitgeist57

If you have six car parked on then why do you need to clear?

I don't have six parked cars....yet....:lolguy:

You think you have it bad? how you think Carl is feeling right now with that big ass driveway?

that thought had crossed my mind :lol:

I got a Snow Joe electric snow blower. Isn't a 2 stage gas beast but it's cleared over 100' of driveway at over 18" deep before. I'll never fuck with a gas one again. Sure wrestling with a long cord is a pain but to me that's less pain than trying to start a snow blower after it sits for years.

I'll have to look into it. I have outdoor outlets all around the driveway, could do the trick.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's supposed to get down to 28 here tomorrow night. What kinda bullshit is that?!

I know, I'm getting the same here.

I left Ohio mainly for the cold rainy muddy part, I don't mind frozen and snow on the ground and the summer can be warm if its not raining every few days to keep the ground wet.

Here we get some weather push down from the north like we've been having the past few weeks, but 90% of the year is excellent. Summer gets really hot, and I live in a swamp so its very humid, but in 10 minutes I can be swimming in the ocean. Downside is you have to have sun screen on to be outside after March if you burn easily.

We just got back from Ft Myers yesterday afternoon. This weather is UGH in terms of driving to work, taking the dogs out, etc, etc etc. If I could work remote I think Id find a trailer park to live in for a few months somewhere warmer.. not really but man 74* and sunny was NICE.

It ain't bad down here :)

I got a Snow Joe electric snow blower. Isn't a 2 stage gas beast but it's cleared over 100' of driveway at over 18" deep before. I'll never fuck with a gas one again. Sure wrestling with a long cord is a pain but to me that's less pain than trying to start a snow blower after it sits for years.

This is what I do now, it'll melt soon enough that IDGAS.

I picked up an Ego snow blower stupid cheap during the summer/ fall when Ego moved from Home Depot to Lowes and it seems to be out performing my neighbors gas powered ones. Between that and the Ego lawn mower consider me impressed at the performance.

I picked up an Ego snow blower stupid cheap during the summer/ fall when Ego moved from Home Depot to Lowes and it seems to be out performing my neighbors gas powered ones. Between that and the Ego lawn mower consider me impressed at the performance.

Ego stuff is the shit, no way I will ever do gas or corded lawn equipment ever again. I actually had a perfectly functional corded leaf blower and replaced it with an Ego one. I've got their string trimmer and leaf blower. I'll probably get the hedge trimmer in the spring even though we have a corded one. I'm up in the air about edger or chainsaw since it's one of those things that I only use a few times a year.

I'll probably keep the gas mower, it's only about a 3 year old Honda so it will last forever. It's also one of the higher end ones so it has a ton of really nice features like 'hydrostatic' transmission, blade stop, blend door for mulch VS bag which works really well for all of the leaves we get.

BIL lives in Albany NY and just got a house this last summer. Ego snow blower has done fine even up there and he's already been through at least 1 'big' (15"+) storm up there.

I rock a kobalt battery mower and trimmer now. The tech has advanced enough that I dumped my gas chainsaw and leaf blower for battery too. So far after 3 years they are still going strong.

Id have to find just the right spot I think. And figure out how to deal with the humidity.

Everyone sweats in the summer. Get over yourself. ;)

After 2-3 months of living in FL, you'll be surprised how quickly your "blood thins" (you get acclimated to the humidity). Shawn Jones (former OG CR) used to go on and on about how much he loved the cold and it's too hot in FL blah blah blah...he and his GF moved to Cape Coral and I guarantee after a year he won't complain about the heat.

Plus, when you're near the water (gulf, ocean, or big enough lake/pool), it's waaaaaay easier and more satisfying to get cool on a hot day in FL, as opposed to being cold outside and having to heat yourself.

Can't wait to get back to Naples at the end of the month. :cool:

This is what I do now, it'll melt soon enough that IDGAS.

Which one do you have? How did it work on that heavy stuff?

SJ620, mines the older model no light.

https://files.snowjoe.com/product-manuals/SJ620-SJ621MANUAL_ENG-MR4.pdf

I’ve put it through shit it probably shouldn’t have been subjected to. If you know the limits of it, it does great. We had 24” of the thick heavy stuff and it didn’t like it but handled it fine as long as I wasn’t too aggressive. With the lighter stuff, it doesn’t even flinch at all. This is actually my 2nd one. First lasted a while until the wife used it and got a brick jammed into the paddles and burnt it up. I specifically searched for the same one again and lucked into a clearing house in canton that had one new in a water damaged box, been using it for years now.

Everyone sweats in the summer. Get over yourself. ;)

After 2-3 months of living in FL, you'll be surprised how quickly your "blood thins" (you get acclimated to the humidity). Shawn Jones (former OG CR) used to go on and on about how much he loved the cold and it's too hot in FL blah blah blah...he and his GF moved to Cape Coral and I guarantee after a year he won't complain about the heat.

Plus, when you're near the water (gulf, ocean, or big enough lake/pool), it's waaaaaay easier and more satisfying to get cool on a hot day in FL, as opposed to being cold outside and having to heat yourself.

Can't wait to get back to Naples at the end of the month. :cool:

Sure sure.

I just find I deal with Arizona heat better than Florida heat. I can't hardly make a decision on what I want for dinner let alone deciding whether moving cross country would satisfy my and my wife's distaste for Ohio winters.

Funny you mention Shawn, I met him through Aaron years ago and he saw we were in Florida from my FB and mentioned they lived down there now.

Me in June: "Wow I love this new big driveway, you can park six cars in it without going over the sidewalk"

Me in January with just a hand shovel: "Fuck. My. Life."

Why shovel 3" of snow? Just drive. None of this will stop any of your vehicles.

it will get cold enough for long enough that it stays around for weeks.

Snow/ice hasn't stayed around for weeks at a time in Ohio for at least a decade. Your driveway is broken.

Funny you mention Shawn, I met him through Aaron years ago and he saw we were in Florida from my FB and mentioned they lived down there now.

Of course he did. He posts about it 94 times a day on FB. :lol:

Fired up my snow blower I got from my neighbor to the left of me the past few days. Electric start. Little El Toro did great. Did my driveway, left neighbors, right neighbors, and the two neighbors across the streets sidewalks/driveways. All within 45 minutes this morning.

Older peeps across the street (did like 5' of their driveway and the sidewalk.. small driveway/two cars) and he came over when I went out and dropped off a $25 gift card to Canuck Hortons. Cool. I guess? Just being a nice neighbor.

dropped off a $25 gift card to Canuck Hortons. Cool. I guess? Just being a nice neighbor.

That thing supposed to open back up anytime soon? They've made quick progress after tearing it down. (I live in Woodside Green, seen the Fiero a few times)

That thing supposed to open back up anytime soon? They've made quick progress after tearing it down. (I live in Woodside Green, seen the Fiero a few times)

It's moving along pretty good it seems. They even put a Canadian Maple leaf on the front of it lol. I'm not even sure why they tore it down, it wasn't even 15 years old. When we moved here in '99 there was a gas station and it was leveled for years before Hortons came in.

Yeah I drive the Fiero just about every day it's not raining or snowing so no doubt you would have seen me out and about.

Down in Florida (Ft Lauderdale) ourselves working but enjoying the benefits of weather. Dogs are much more calm because they aren't cooped up 24/7 like they would be at home....the little one runs and jumps in the pool as soon as you let her out of the house though which is getting old. Can't help but shop for properties while we're here even if Florida isn't my favorite place in the world. As I age I totally get the snow bird thing.

I'd take FL over PHX though...I spent every other week in Phoenix from March 2019 to March 2020 for work and I enjoyed the time there but I'm allergic to the world and there was a different set of allergens that drove me crazy out there. I found everything being brown also wore on me after awhile. Small complaints I know but adaptions none the less.

Ultimately if we were to really be serious about relocation it'd probably be Charlotte.

Down in Florida (Ft Lauderdale) ourselves working but enjoying the benefits of weather. Dogs are much more calm because they aren't cooped up 24/7 like they would be at home....the little one runs and jumps in the pool as soon as you let her out of the house though which is getting old. Can't help but shop for properties while we're here even if Florida isn't my favorite place in the world. As I age I totally get the snow bird thing.

I'd take FL over PHX though...I spent every other week in Phoenix from March 2019 to March 2020 for work and I enjoyed the time there but I'm allergic to the world and there was a different set of allergens that drove me crazy out there. I found everything being brown also wore on me after awhile. Small complaints I know but adaptions none the less.

Ultimately if we were to really be serious about relocation it'd probably be Charlotte.

Charlotte was awesome. I lived there ~1999-2001 and didn't really want to leave but work/wife thought otherwise. One other place i'd consider moving back to is Spokane Washington. It was great out there too.