Questions for folks with 4 post lifts in their garages..

indy82z

It is getting old throwing away money on rental garages for my toys and was thinking of potentially adding a couple of 4 post lifts to my garage to turn my 2 car garage into a 4 car. Anyone done this? If so, how high is the ceiling in your garage? Any links to good deals on these 4 post lifts?

Thanks

I used a local company (found on FB) to deliver and install a 4 post lift with a bridge jack in my garage. The building is a 30x03 with a low(ish) ceiling and I love it. That back garage door doesn't open with the lift in the 'up' position. This is not an issue for me since that door leads to the back yard. I paid ~$3800 for the lift delivered, installed and including the bridge jack.

National Auto Tools

1659 Watkins Road

Columbus, OH 43207

(541)777-0556

Pic of lift installed: 4-post-lift.jpg

If your garage door is in the way the right door guy can get it to tuck up tight against the ceiling. I think I got Tom’s about 1/4” from touching the ceiling with a side mounted operator.

Thanks to you!

The garage door becomes a problem if the opener is mounted too low. Brent installed a jackshaft-drive opener which eliminated the common residential-style opener.

Thanks to you!

The garage door becomes a problem if the opener is mounted too low. Brent installed a jackshaft-drive opener which eliminated the common residential-style opener.

Great info here. Yep, in looking at my garage, this would definitely be an issue. Ceilings are over 10ft so I think I am good there, but that was something I was looking at trying to figure out...

Just finished installing a high lift conversion kit for my door from DDM and a Liftmaster 8500W. 12' Ceiling.

DDM will spec the right conversion kit parts for your specific door if you fill out their form: https://ddmgaragedoors.com/parts/high-lift/custom-garage-door-high-lift-conversion-kit-quote.php

Runs about $500 for the parts plus whatever opener. (I was quoted $4,000 to convert both doors with openers from a local overhead door company).

Looking at a Titan 4 post lift. Was quoted $3000 delivered and installed from KOI. https://www.koiautoparts.com/

1s4xlgm.jpg

I have someone coming out in the AM to price completing the garage door track move and checked around and the National Tools place was the cheapest\best priced one I could find. Of course everything is months away from being in stock..

Appreciate the help...

My 2 post came from national auto tool. FYI Facebook message them and ask if they have any deals coming up this year and yell them what you're looking to buy. The owner replied from Texas and took like 400 off of my life cash picked up. It's been great, had one arm lock mess up (because I was using it incorrectly to lift a trailer) and they sent me a new one overnight.

You might already be doing this but, definitely get multiple quotes on the garage track move. I got three quotes and the price difference was around 1k between the highest and lowest quote. This was all for the same jackshaft door opener. So it was just labor mark up that was the variance.

I have someone coming out in the AM to price completing the garage door track move and checked around and the National Tools place was the cheapest\best priced one I could find. Of course everything is months away from being in stock..

Appreciate the help...

You might already be doing this but, definitely get multiple quotes on the garage track move. I got three quotes and the price difference was around 1k between the highest and lowest quote. This was all for the same jackshaft door opener. So it was just labor mark up that was the variance.

Appreciate the heads up. I had thought about calling around to more places. Care to share who supplied you with the better pricing?

These guys were quick. Came with rollers so the lift can be moved around.

Most of the 110 lifts also spec a 20amp circuit. Something to look out for. From what I have read most people don't have any issues running on a 15amp.

RcvZgY9.jpg

These guys were quick. Came with rollers so the lift can be moved around.

Most of the 110 lifts also spec a 20amp circuit. Something to look out for. From what I have read most people don't have any issues running on a 15amp.

RcvZgY9.jpg

Nice! I called the place that you got yours at, but would not deliver to Columbus. Found another place that will ship to the depot down off Alum Creek and will just pick it up and assemble myself. Sounds like it is several weeks out (which is good since I will be on vacation for a few weeks in a week or so). I did see the spec on a 20amp. I am running some 220 out to the garage later this summer for a heater, so will run a dedicated 20 amp circuit then. Hoping the 15 will work to put it up and down a few times until then.

I've got a garage door guy if anyone is ever looking. Dunno what prices will be but I'll tell him to treat y'all to a handy for the trouble.