2022 Car Plans

zeitgeist57

What are you planning for in 2022? New cars, work on your existing fleet, car-related activities...

1) I've got to get my '75 RV finished up for family camping this summer. Currently gutted interior and need to finish new roof paneling and sealing but too cold rn.

2) See about Ronnie Nutter cleaning up my air-ride setup in the trunk of my Lincoln.

3) Would love to try to take my 10yo son to HOT ROD Power Tour after Austin and Kerry's adventure this past year.

4) CC&C as always. :thumbup:

No new car purchases planned, although FBM always tempts me, especially now that it's getting cold outside....lotta decent deals. However, after COVID I barely drive my current fleet enough so I'm going to make do with what i have.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Might try to sell the Z/28 at some point.

2. Wait and see what the Mustang S650 looks like and what the engine options are. I'm not ready to make the full EV jump (and don't want it at all for a fun car) but wouldn't mind a V8 to mod with front drive elec assist.

3. If the S650 sucks, giving a lot of thought to custom ordering a 2023 Challenger Redeye or whatever they offer for next year, since they are dumping the Hellcat motor in 2024.

1. Get the VW motorcycle finished. I lost a year on it this year setting up my home garage to fit two cars. I want it to at least have all the fab work done and have it be a running, reliable motorcycle. My stretch goal is to have it painted and ready for the Garage Brewed Motorcycle show at Rhinegeist in Jan 2023.

2. get my kawasaki h1 race bike on the track for at least 1 vintage race this year, likely VMD, NJMP, or barber.

3. Get the GTO moved to Ohio. Preferably driving it as content for lucore or my youtube channel

4. start a YouTube channel for my stupid projects

5. finish and sell the Audi A3

6. start metal work on the Jeep.

7. finish setting up home garage with 50gal air compressor, drill press, oxy welder, lift (motorcycle)

8. Get my other two cb750s roadworthy again.

9. Adventure!!!!

10. Profit???

1) Get the Holly Sniper Stealth on the dragster tuned, and turn up the power. The car should run consistent 8.0 quarters, I want to get back to that. 7.90 wouldn't hurt my feelings even a little.

2) Get the 6.0 LQ4 together and the T56 into the '95 Z28.

3) New to me daily driver. The Civic is at 275,000 miles and starting to rust out. Thinking maybe a Honda Fit.

I just need my stuff to quit breaking. I'm daily driving my '04 Blazer while I fix a lot of the little issues with it. My '89 Chevy pickup won't start due to some kind of electrical issue and I haven't even bothered with trying to sort that out yet. I plan on taking my '85 GMC to more shows next year, but the alternator won't charge the battery and I can't figure out why.

Of course all this shit happens while I'm living in an apartment and working on stuff is a huge PITA.

I'm tempted to order a brand new truck, but I'm trying to buy a house again in early '23 so I would rather not have a car payment until I get a house.

Getting the Camaro up to snuff for a road rally out west.

So fuel injection, AC, and electric cooling fans.

I have time to do it all myself but I am also looking to get quotes from some local shops.

If anyone has any recommendations please let me know.

My Camaro went 10.17 at 143 in 2021. Looking to knock a few tenths off in 2022. Had a new T56 Magnum built with some billet parts, changing the clutch hydraulics, and going with a triple disk clutch. Hopefully this all makes the car easier to drive and stronger.

I signed it up for Midwest Drag Week in the H-pattern class, not that I stand much chance on winning but I want to participate in one of these drag and drive events. Also planning on at least a couple Street Car Takeover events this year, US131 in June, Indy in July, and Edgewater in August. If I can do all that with it I’ll be happy.

My Corvette will continue to be my nice weather daily as I resist the temptation to mod it.

My Silverado will continue to be my not the Corvette daily, and it’s modded right about where I want it anyway, cammed, headers, new trans, and everything mechanical is fixed on it.

I recently traded my B6 S4 in for a B8 S4, so plans so far are wheels and a little lower, dual pulley and a tune if its in the budget this year. Also, hopefully I can get some stuff done on my Rx-7 and maybe get it finally running this year.

I have some black 19x9.5 Ultraleggeras Ill be looking to sell soon. I think they are the right fitment for S4's. If you're interested.

Building a new house with a much larger oversize 3-car, so who knows if the TBD toy will be purchased this year or not.

I do kind of have a big itch to sell the FJ and buy a GX, but that's not overly exciting. Maybe keeping the FJ and buying a fun car would be best course.

Building a new house with a much larger oversize 3-car, so who knows if the TBD toy will be purchased this year or not.

I do kind of have a big itch to sell the FJ and buy a GX, but that's not overly exciting. Maybe keeping the FJ and buying a fun car would be best course.

have you seen what FJ's are selling for? keep it for as long as you can.