Christian Sportbike Association Ride #3 - June 13th

600ZZ4eb

Bring water and granola bars to snack on. Gotta' build the stamina sometime.

Stamina??? Ya I guess BUT I thought I cured my headaches I get with long rides with the arai. Yet on a ride longer ride I took with a friend last week my head was HURTING after 2 hours. I had 4 different arai dealers measure my head b/f I purchased the helmet online. I still get the frontal headaches. Geesh I just don't get it. :(

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stamina??? Ya I guess BUT I thought I cured my headaches I get with long rides with the arai. Yet on a ride longer ride I took with a friend last week my head was HURTING after 2 hours. I had 4 different arai dealers measure my head b/f I purchased the helmet online. I still get the frontal headaches. Geesh I just don't get it. :(

the skull is pretty thick right around there. doesn't sound like it's anything a dremel can't cure?

...or you could get a different helmet.

So you are going to be able to make it afterall? I thought you had a graduation to go to. Assuming its not raining, I am going to be there. I'll probably be hanging out in the back of the pack again. It keeps me out of trouble that way lol.

So you are going to be able to make it afterall? I thought you had a graduation to go to. Assuming its not raining, I am going to be there. I'll probably be hanging out in the back of the pack again. It keeps me out of trouble that way lol.

Yeah, unfortunately my mom's graduation plans got cancelled so that freed me up. I'm sure i'll be in the back as well with the Katana....i learned on this bike, but haven't really riden it in the twistes....although its a good touring bike. Besides it's my girls and i really dont want to bring it home in any other fashion then the way i leave on it. :-) i'd never hear the end of it......

Any idea about what time you guys expect to be in McConnelsville? I'll be in the area and might try to meet you guys there.

Eric

I wish i knew. We usually stop around 11 or 11:30 to get lunch and on this route i'm not sure where that will be. After lunch we are going pretty good and haven't stop much.....however the other two ride where at least 120 shorter than this one so, i'm not sure what the plan is to taking breaks. Probably will be worked out Saturday morning.

I wish i knew. We usually stop around 11 or 11:30 to get lunch and on this route i'm not sure where that will be. After lunch we are going pretty good and haven't stop much.....however the other two ride where at least 120 shorter than this one so, i'm not sure what the plan is to taking breaks. Probably will be worked out Saturday morning.

How about meeting in McConnellsville at 11:00-11:30 then? Should be easy enough to get there in 2+ hours from Columbus. I can PM my cell number to someone so they can let me know if you guys are running late, running early, etc.

Sounds like you need to buy another lid.. from a local dealer. If your head hurts after a couple hours the helmet is not for you.

(wearing ear plugs could help if it were a 'regular' headache. Maybe give that a shot)??

I actually LOVE the helmet if I don't have it on very long. It keeps the sound down and is very light. I don't know if I cold trade out the padding???

anyhoo, how long is this 300 miles suppose to take? What time are you all meeting? I didn't see a time. I saw Brian777 at quaker steak last night and invited him along. Lets see if he comes??!!! I'm sure he'll be up front tho with his 1098 and I'll be the last one again on my bike. :( How slow do people ride in the second group?

I actually LOVE the helmet if I don't have it on very long. It keeps the sound down and is very light. I don't know if I cold trade out the padding???

anyhoo, how long is this 300 miles suppose to take? What time are you all meeting? I didn't see a time. I saw Brian777 at quaker steak last night and invited him along. Lets see if he comes??!!! I'm sure he'll be up front tho with his 1098 and I'll be the last one again on my bike. :( How slow do people ride in the second group?

Well, to be honest i think we'll be gone all day we leave at 9:30 sharp from Calvery Chapel (addy below) and i dont expect us back until early evening or so.....300 miles at posted speed limit with all the back roads and stuff would be around 8 or 9 hours total, but that doesnt include stops. Its just hard to gauge, i'm sorry. As far as the slow group, this will be the first time this we'll do this so i'm not sure....i don't want to discourage you from coming, but i don't want to mislead you either. I'll try to confirm the two group situation today.

6075 E Livingston Ave

Columbus, OH 43232

How about meeting in McConnellsville at 11:00-11:30 then? Should be easy enough to get there in 2+ hours from Columbus. I can PM my cell number to someone so they can let me know if you guys are running late, running early, etc.

I had to take a look at the route again and it doesn't look like we are going through McConnellsville until we are on our way back to Columbus. In my first post is the route, as it stands today, we are taking to get out to 536. Sorry man, looks like unless you come to columbus in the morning we wont be able to ride together on this one.....

I can meet up in McConnellsville at that time, There is a wing joint in that town with good food and nice looking ladies inside. I'm going to try and talk my friend Chris into going (ZX-10) and a few others.

I live in New Phila. I met a couple of the guys from Ohio-riders at the sheets here in New Phila after the coshocton ride. I would love to meet you guys somewhere and go on this ride just dont want to ride 2 hours west to turn around and backtrack. Me and Mark are in and I'll see if I can round up anybody else.

I had to take a look at the route again and it doesn't look like we are going through McConnellsville until we are on our way back to Columbus. In my first post is the route, as it stands today, we are taking to get out to 536. Sorry man, looks like unless you come to columbus in the morning we wont be able to ride together on this one.....

I'll be staying in Zanesville on Friday night. Looks like you're coming right through town, right? Can meet up someplace around there.

I can meet up in McConnellsville at that time, There is a wing joint in that town with good food and nice looking ladies inside. I'm going to try and talk my friend Chris into going (ZX-10) and a few others.

I read their map backwards - they'll be going through Zanesville on the way out in the morning, so I'll try to meet up with them there.

On the way back, I'll split off at McConnellsville and head back to Z'burg.

Can whoever knows for sure give a quick rundown of what towns you are going through on the way to 536? I can be in Zanesville pretty quick and I got a cell so I'd like to meet up with you guys. I am not far from coshocton so maybe I could meet the coshocton guys and get a big group meeting up in zanesville.

Can whoever knows for sure give a quick rundown of what towns you are going through on the way to 536? I can be in Zanesville pretty quick and I got a cell so I'd like to meet up with you guys. I am not far from coshocton so maybe I could meet the coshocton guys and get a big group meeting up in zanesville.

Sounds cool - I'll meet ya in Zanesville. Know where the Wendy's is on Underwood Street (jsut south of the I-70 east on ramp near 7th Street exit?)? Wanna meet there? Or suggest someplace else.

Well, to be honest i think we'll be gone all day we leave at 9:30 sharp from Calvery Chapel (addy below) and i dont expect us back until early evening or so.....300 miles at posted speed limit with all the back roads and stuff would be around 8 or 9 hours total, but that doesnt include stops. Its just hard to gauge, i'm sorry. As far as the slow group, this will be the first time this we'll do this so i'm not sure....i don't want to discourage you from coming, but i don't want to mislead you either. I'll try to confirm the two group situation today.

6075 E Livingston Ave

Columbus, OH 43232

Ya that's a bit too long for me right now. :) If I had a more comfortable bike maybe.

Yeah thats the wendys with the gas station attached? I know where thats at.

Yeah - think it's a Marathon or something like that. Pick a time and I'll meet you guys there.

If they leave Columbus at 9:30, should be in Zanesville about 10:15-10:30.

Wanna say 10:00 AM at the Wendy's?

edit: see ya there Fox and others.