If Honda puts this...

Tonik

11 hours ago, Tonik said:

...on the 2025 Goldwing @Pauly is going to get a hell of a deal on my current wing.

I read up on that technology a couple days ago.  Interesting but not much advantage over the DCT system other than 20# weight savings.  Obviously, a difference of 20# on a 650 sport bike is huge, but not so much on a 700-750# Wing.  Still able to go automatic or manual shift operation, still able to use the clutch lever, able to lock out the e-function with the push of a button.

Besides, maybe SOMEONE ELSE beside @Pauly wants the opportunity to be your new BFF.... 😆

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Bubba said:

not much advantage over the DCT system

One of the things that kept me away from the DCT was parking lots...slow turns and what not. You have to throttle up and drag the rear brake.

This seems better, a clutch lever you can use instead.

5 minutes ago, Bubba said:

Besides, maybe SOMEONE ELSE beside @Pauly wants the opportunity to be your new BFF.... 😆

Can you supply me with awesome homemade apple crisp?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tonik said:

One of the things that kept me away from the DCT was parking lots...slow turns and what not. You have to throttle up and drag the rear brake.

This seems better, a clutch lever you can use instead.

Ah...did not know that DCT was problematic at low speeds.  Never ridden one.

9 hours ago, Tonik said:

Can you supply me with awesome homemade apple crisp?

You seem like a nice man.  However, I literally have to grovel to get an occasional pie from the house chef and I typically bogart the whole thing.  So...prolly not. 😑

1 hour ago, Bubba said:

did not know that DCT was problematic at low speeds. 

I would not say problematic. Just different and I didn't feel like dealing with it...and the extra 100 pounds and the extra grand.

It just didn't fix anything that I needed fixed.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Tonik said:

I would not say problematic. Just different and I didn't feel like dealing with it...and the extra 100 pounds and the extra grand.

It just didn't fix anything that I needed fixed.

I kind'a thought that DCT was a concept designed to draw in new riders who were intimidated by complexity of the hand clutch/foot shift on motorcycles.  Hardly seems like putting DCT on a top spec GW is gonna draw new riders to that model as a first bike.

41 minutes ago, Bubba said:

I kind'a thought that DCT was a concept designed to draw in new riders who were intimidated by complexity of the hand clutch/foot shift on motorcycles.  Hardly seems like putting DCT on a top spec GW is gonna draw new riders to that model as a first bike.

I think they are targeting old farts that have arthritis and people that just want to tour along easily down the freeway.

The DCT is outselling the MT by about 8 to 1.

• Confused 1