Well this sucks.

Tonik

Same recall as the Accords and some other Honda models built around that time.  The GFs Accord is under the same recall but the service centers here say they don't have parts for the fix yet.  Hoping that doesn't mean the recall will drag on for months like the Takata air bag recall....

22 hours ago, Tonik said:

We are hearing it won't really start until April.

Jim:  That's pretty much the timing the dealer told us for the car, too.  Interesting that they've issued a "Stop Sale" to dealers on new bikes but haven't done the same for driving the affected vehicles.  If I had to make a WAG, the faulty impellers suffer more significantly when owners don't keep an adequate level of fuel in the tank and the pump has a greater likelihood of overheating.  Not to say that's the case, but I've recommended that the GF not run the tank down past 1/4.

18 minutes ago, Bubba said:

Jim:  That's pretty much the timing the dealer told us for the car, too.  Interesting that they've issued a "Stop Sale" to dealers on new bikes but haven't done the same for driving the affected vehicles.  If I had to make a WAG, the faulty impellers suffer more significantly when owners don't keep an adequate level of fuel in the tank and the pump has a greater likelihood of overheating.  Not to say that's the case, but I've recommended that the GF not run the tank down past 1/4.

Might also be related to ethanol fuel? Similar to the Ducati tanks a few years ago?

8 minutes ago, Tonik said:

Might also be related to ethanol fuel? Similar to the Ducati tanks a few years ago?

Kawasaki had a similar recall due to higher ethanol fuel causing the pumps to swell. My KLR got the fuel pump replaced due to that.

I didn't see anywhere if it said certain manufacturer dates/codes, or all the goldwings?

19 minutes ago, Tonik said:

I thought that at first, but ethanol has been an issue longer than these bikes have existed. If it's ethanol causing the concern, then shame on Honda. 

6 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

I didn't see anywhere if it said certain manufacturer dates/codes, or all the goldwings?

It's based on date of manufacture of the fuel pump.

17, 18 and part of 19 for the date of manufacture means your are impacted.

• Upvote 2

My Goldwing is a 2008 so it’s not affected, but our 2018 CRV recall notice arrived in today’s mail.   Parts not going to be available for 5-6 months however.   Oh well…. 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, Wahoo said:

My Goldwing is a 2008 so it’s not affected, but our 2018 CRV recall notice arrived in today’s mail.   Parts not going to be available for 5-6 months however.   Oh well…. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I expected that, and expect that for the Wings too. Not worried about it at all.

• Upvote 1

On 2/19/2024 at 11:37 AM, Tonik said:

I had the Ducati tank issue with my 2007 SportClassic.  I had my entire tank replaced 5 times in 6 years due to ethanol wrecking the shit plastic tank.  Gave in and paid over $3k for a hand made aluminum tank to solve the problem being Ducati was never willing to change the formula of the plastic they used.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Jim!  My fuel pump is good to go!

On 2/19/2024 at 6:16 PM, Tonik said:

It's based on date of manufacture of the fuel pump.

17, 18 and part of 19 for the date of manufacture means your are impacted.

• 1 month later...