Need new tire

jessecwalters

So today I seen my back tire has a nail in it. :mad: Its not leaking air, but it doesnt seem safe to ride on so I'm getting a new back tire. (I need a conti road attack). So the question is, other than Iron Pony, where could I pick up a new tire in the columbus area that will mount and balance it also? Iron Pony will cost about 160ish I believe, so Im looking for something cheaper. So any suggestions let me know. Thanks

I guess it depends on how you ride, I've tried a few different tires and I haven't found a tire that works better for the money than a pirelli diablo strada. great grip, great miles, I got 7,000 out of the last rear on my 1100XX. Others have gotten 9 or 10,000 on smaller bikes...

how often do you want to change it?

Uh, I might have missed something and by no means am I a expert, but the guys at IP along with several others said that mixing bike tire brands=bad idea. I was always under that impression as well, just in general, but I dunno.

Also as for 7k in 1 yr, I thought everyone rode that? Actually I've got over 3K this season already. Maybe I just have riding issues, I dunno.

Tires are 1 thing I wouldnt skimp too much on though.

didn't see you say, but your's is a 600 Katana? rear 140/80-17 stock?

Iron pony don't have a Shinko listed in that size on their website, but I did see a BT-45 BATTLAX for 94.99

i got my 848 over a month and already put 1500 miles.and the other one close to 1000.i got bridgestone bt 016 and they very good, and i do track.i spoke to another person he ride intermediate and he say he ride on them 11 track days,so if they can take this ,for you will be few seasons +they $ 146