Newb question, what's protocol?

Likwid

So, I have a cruiser, but I'm not sure the :rulez: on rides and meet ups.

Keep in mind I'm very new to riding so don't smack me yet. Is there any protocol for riding with people? Do cruisers and sport bikes not go out together? Does everyone park separately?

I'm not against anyone... I'm fine with all riders (maybe scooters piss me off a bit) but if it's going to piss off other people I don't want to do it.... maybe just being a newb and riding a red bike pisses people off.... but I can't fix that :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I have a cruiser, but I'm not sure the :rulez: on rides and meet ups.

Keep in mind I'm very new to riding so don't smack me yet. Is there any protocol for riding with people? Do cruisers and sport bikes not go out together? Does everyone park separately?

I'm not against anyone... I'm fine with all riders (maybe scooters piss me off a bit) but if it's going to piss off other people I don't want to do it.... maybe just being a newb and riding a red bike pisses people off.... but I can't fix that :)

Everyone on this site is very nice and laid back...they're good at teasing...especially when they don't don't personally like what you ride etc. but they wont turn you away from a ride...it's ohio-riders not ohio-sport bikes only...lol....my bike is a dual sport and it's teal and purple...everyone hates the colors, but still can't wait for me to get out and ride with them...trust me...this is a good group of guys and gals!

My only rules for group riding with me are as follows....

1. Ride you own pace.

2. Don't try to be something or someone your not.

3. If the ride is to fast paced for you speak up. No reason to get pissed off and run away.

4. If you are riding in a tight group please ride in a staggered pattern.

5. Communicated your concerns and be honest about your level of riding before we start.

6. Don't do anything that will put anyone else at risk. Wheelies, stoppies and other stunts in the group.

7. Don't ever leave a rider behind. You go as a group you come as a group.

8. Please wear at least a helmet. Jacket and gloves would be nice but I'm not your mother.

9. Have fun

10. Keep your drama at home and don't make more with the group.

I could care less what you ride! It's about the ride, not what your riding. I go out to ride with the purpose of enjoying the ride the scenery and being around like minded people. So if you feel the same way LET'S GO RIDE!

Glad to read all the replies, and see I'm not too far off base.

Yah, I haven't put saddle bags and a trailer hitch on yet, gotta get a big ol'e touring ride behind so I can carry the luggage :) jk of course

Definitely don't think I'm ready to ride in a group, going slow and making sure I am looking around is my first priority right now.... I'm going to head up to Bike Night next week at QSAL in ValleyView next week.... taking all back roads and such.... I would love to meet some of you folks in person!!

You are correct, sportbikes and cruisers don't go out at the same time. Unless you're carrying drinks and stuff in your saddlebags for the sportbikers - like a support vehicle. Ask cmoosego. :D

And, parking next to sportbike with your cruiser is by invitation only. Since it's not a Harley, sportbikers might be a little more accepting.

Being a Kawi though - I will give you the advice that you don't DARE park next to a Suzuki sportbike. Your engine won't be able to handle the horsepower eminating from a Suzuki sportbike - even sitting still. I think it may even void any factory warranties you may have from Kawasaki.

Glad to read all the replies, and see I'm not too far off base.

Yah, I haven't put saddle bags and a trailer hitch on yet, gotta get a big ol'e touring ride behind so I can carry the luggage :) jk of course

Definitely don't think I'm ready to ride in a group, going slow and making sure I am looking around is my first priority right now.... I'm going to head up to Bike Night next week at QSAL in ValleyView next week.... taking all back roads and such.... I would love to meet some of you folks in person!!

We're doing a bike night tonight at Hooters off Hilliard Rome...you should come...even if you don' t want to ride...cage it...it's all about hanging out and having a good time...I'm new as well and looking forward to meeting others from the site...we're meeting up there at seven if you change your mind!!

We're doing a bike night tonight at Hooters off Hilliard Rome...you should come...even if you don' t want to ride...cage it...it's all about hanging out and having a good time...I'm new as well and looking forward to meeting others from the site...we're meeting up there at seven if you change your mind!!

yikes...from Cleveland to Columbus to see hooty boobage....:eek:

JRMMIII don't worry....somebody gave me negative rep as well for posting cavs pic.....:lol:must be a Kobe fan....:thefinger:

:popcorn:

And here comes the negative rep.... :lol:

Seriously, whoever left it... you said it was funny, but you hit the disapprove button. Was it meant to be negative? Lost 5 rep power pts! Musta been a major player on here. :)

You really care that much about rep? :rolleyes:

Thats like giving a shit about your post count.:fruit:

:violin:

You are correct, sportbikes and cruisers don't go out at the same time. Unless you're carrying drinks and stuff in your saddlebags for the sportbikers - like a support vehicle. Ask cmoosego. :D

And, parking next to sportbike with your cruiser is by invitation only. Since it's not a Harley, sportbikers might be a little more accepting.

Being a Kawi though - I will give you the advice that you don't DARE park next to a Suzuki sportbike. Your engine won't be able to handle the horsepower eminating from a Suzuki sportbike - even sitting still. I think it may even void any factory warranties you may have from Kawasaki.

Spoken like a true nutswinging, Suzuki squid...

Wait, You mean we can't redeem rep and post counts for cash and prizes later in the game? :rolleyes:

No, I don't care. I just wanted to bring it to *whoever's* attention that they MAY have hit the wrong button. If they meant it to be negative - fine. I'm not bitching about it either way.

*EDIT: I've narrowed it down to 2 potential people based on their <3 of Kawis and their current reputation strength. And since they basically repped it to UNDO the negative rep* :p I'll see you in Coshocton tomorrow.

Edited by JRMMiii