Motorcycle laws as they apply.....

cmoosego

that was definetly interesting to look through. i just had to buy a bluetooth bc i am leaving for a month long road trip and there are several states i'll cross headed out west that it is now illegal to hold a cell while driving. in addition to that, i now have to go buy two new car seats for kids who havent rode in them in almost a year.

looking at the website by reconrat it says the same thing about lane splitting in CA and OH...that it is not referenced

I talked to the Johnstown Police chief on this one. He said that Ohio has laws that say only one vehicle may occupy a lane at a time (other than 2 bikes riding side by side). This means if you lane split, you and the car are occupying the lane at the same time and is illegal. He alos told me that if a car is stopped waiting to turning left and you go around him on the right, this also violates the one vehicle per lane law. I was always under the impression if you stayed on the pavement, it was legal. The other issue about lane splitting in ohio is the fact that cages are used to this like they are in Cali and wont expect you to split, a bad situation could arise. Now I do go around stopped traffic if they are turning but I verify the area is clear any cops and I make sure that I am doing it safely.

If any one needs any further information on this, I could ask him the next time I see him.