taking suggestions. which bike?

ChickOn2

Steel frame and swing arm. They are great sport tourers' date=' though.. especially the 750 and 1100.[/quote']

Yeah, I remember back in the day my Barber had one, and he said the same thing (about it being a good touring bike). He would consistently ride from VA down to Myrtle Beach... Oh, and this cat was easily pushing 290lbs. (Did I mention that his Katana was ALSO a 600?):D

Hey that's my old bike! Beware!

5 minutes after the new owner bought the bike, he crashed it breaking the engine casing. We had to JB weld it back together.

This.

"1998 Honda CBR 600 F3

37k miles.

Runs well!! New brakes, new chain, new Pilot Power tires, f/r, just changed oil, etc.

The bike is in very good condition, but not perfect. It has a little bit of road rash and was missing a fairing when I picked it up two years ago. Right now it has the black rear piece which is the only part that isn't original. The bike looks very good and I still get tons of compliments on it.

I am in no hurry to sell, so I am firm with the price. $2500.

This bike will hold its value well, so in 1-2 years you should be able to sell for around the same price.

The bike is located in Columbus, OH. (Clean title)

If you have any questions, please email or call:

FriedEGs@ohiodrifting.com

(614) 657-0575

Thanks for looking!

NOT MINE..... ITS ON ANOTHER FORUM (OHIODRIFTING.COM)"

untitled.jpg

reg.jpg

:D

Steel frame and swing arm. They are great sport tourers' date=' though.. especially the 750 and 1100.[/quote']

is THAT why it was so heavy? I wondered what mine had going on that similar bikes didnt.. to add so many pounds to her waistline

I have only ever seen 1 white dude on the newer series Katana. Not making a statement, but it just occurred to me . . .

It's true, though. And, I bought the Katana from a black guy.

Although, a white dude bought my Katana from me.

So CBR over the SV....??

SV's are nice bikes, plenty of torque, and very user friendly. The only downside (which is subjective) is the styling. If you're looking for a full fairing bike then look elsewhere.

Pretty much any late 90's to early 2000 sportbike is what you're looking at. ZX-6R, CBR600 F3 or F4, YZF600R or R6, or GSX-R (if you're into that sort of thing. :p )

ZX6R

ZX6R_Blue_1024x768.jpg

CBR F3

DSCF0206.jpg

YZF600R

2005-Yamaha-YZF600Ra.jpg

YZF-R6

Yamaha_YZF_R6.jpg

GSX-R

s2.jpg

SV650

Suzuki_SV_650_S_2005_02_1024x768.jpg

Edited by RSVDon

SV's are nice bikes, plenty of torque, and very user friendly. The only downside (which is subjective) is the styling. If you're looking for a full fairing bike then look elsewhere.

If you get the SV650S you can always add the lower fairing if that's the look you like. Suzuki actually produced them that way in 2008.

SV650SK9.jpg

If you get the SV650S you can always add the lower fairing if that's the look you like. Suzuki actually produced them that way in 2008.

SV650SK9.jpg

That was a good move by Suzuki, IMO, since that's the way they look best. It was the first thing I did to mine when I got it years ago. Great first bike.

picture.php?albumid=1&pictureid=1

What about an EX500R. Thats what I started on. Its like riding a bicycle... Except with a motor and no pedals. :p

+1 excellent bike for a beginner, and actually its not a bad bike for experienced riders either. faster than a 250 but not as fast as a new supersport or something. still it can take you from 0-jail in no time at all. lightweight, easy to maneuver, little more upright riding position than a supersport, very forgiving of noob mistakes too IMO. it can still bite you no doubt, but its a fairly tame bike.

the styling and the tech is definitely dated, but its still a good bike. go with what works i guess lol. there are tons of parts out there, K built millions of these things. they hold their value rather well too, and there are always people looking for them.