Newark rider dies - RIP

SWing'R

So sad.

Too bad these people that don't wear helmets and other gear really aren't too cool to wear helmets, as they seem to think they are.... I see SO many riders without gear, wearing shorts, etc all the time. It's scary! I don't feel right if I don't have my helmet on, boots, jacket and gloves when I ride the bike, so I quit trying to do ride without gear!

RIP

I know that this is preaching to the choir, but PLEASE rock your gear when you're out riding... Even if you're just heading out to the store or something. I know that it gets hot as bawlz, but you can always take a shower WHEN you get home.

I agree with so much of what you guys have said... I feel bad for family+friends and for the loss of life... but at the same time you say "dude, come on, you're giving us all a bad name and/or reinforcing the stereotypes"

RIP...yes this "could" have been prevented but I have also seen many a people come into the trauma bay with full gear on and die WHILE I'm cutting it off of them. Should we ALWAYS wear our gear? Yes but it's still a loss of human life. It's NO different than somebody smoking their entire life knowing darn well that it causes coronary artery disease/heart attack and is positively associated with lung cancer, colon cancer, bladder cancer...etc etc. Should we not feel compassion for these people for making dumb decisions when they are lying in a hospice bed from their "decisions" (I used to be a smoker and have struggled myself)???? All I'm saying is people make poor decisions all the time. This poor soul is gone now and I for one feel bad for his family and the loss of this person's life. :)

i am still seeing guys and girls riding with their helmets hitched to the side of the bike....every year it seems to be the same with these riders. Guess they fig it will never happen to them.

Edited by renegadmonk
spelling

i am still seeing guys and girls riding with their helmets hitched to the side of the bike....every year it seems to be the same with these riders. Guess they fig it will never happen to them.

I love people who do that! :rolleyes: Seriously why even strap it to the back? pretty expensive frame sliders! Like you said they don't think it will happen to them! I feel sorry for those people who think that way!