Crashed bike...

enenen

I mean, realistically, it wouldn't be THAT bad to fix. Upper fairing, 2 middle fairings, headlights, windscreen, mirror, gauges. I think that's about it.

I would love to track it, and get an 07 for the street, but I don't know if that's the right thing to do.

There's no right or wrong, the guy wrote you a check for 5k, unless he said "here, this will cover the repairs, just give me the difference" then you have no obligation.

Track it, buy a new bike for the streets, and take your time working on the track bike.

why don't you buy another bike, and give him your old bike, so he can fix it ? and then teach him to ride, and ride together ?

this way you can consider his check a buying your bike, you won't take any advantage of him, and you both will be having bikes. .... ?

Thats a good Idea. I'd at least present it to him.

atleast the guy paid up.

and thats why I don't let people I don't ride with, know, and trust ride my bike. only 1 dude that I switch bikes with regularly. Everyone else can go fk themselves I don't care how many miles you rode your bicycle!!!

I learned the hard way on letting ppl ride my stuff too...cept it was on a atv. Bro-in-law rode my z400 and rolled the dang thing...I was like WTF

no one touches my bike, unless i know they can and will cover damages (which is a very select few and they don't ask and i don't offer) me and the previous owner of my warrior are they only ones who will ride my warrior.

hopefully the check doesn't bounce.

my.02

streetfight that beyotch, put the cash inthe bank until you find a deal that "you wish you had the money for" (i can't tell you how many of these i've come across).. once you find a good deal on a replacement you can use the old one as a stunter/trackbike whatever you want.

I'm pretty sure I'm just going to fix it and give any leftover money back. Even though I really want THIS.

Maybe I'll get a new exhaust or something though :D

I say keep the money.... He's the one that decided to break the ground rules you two agreed to.

Just a little update. Gons get the bike fixed and give him back what's left. I bought a full set of fairings off of Mike at Cycle Therapy for $800. Dropping them off to get painted tomorrow. Bought a mirror and fairing bracket there too. Still need a gauge cover, tip over sensor and headlight assembly.

I rode it yesterday, all street fightered out, with just the fairing bracket with the gauges and mirrors on. No headlight, no body work other than the tank cover and rear fairing. I kinda liked the ride with no windshield. People were looking at me like "wtf is that piece of shit?"

I rode my Ninja 250 like that (except I had the headlight on it, and turn signals were attached to the headlight) for over a month before I finally got fairings for it, and got them painted! I found it interesting (not so much surprised) that it seemed to corner better with the fairings on it. I think the wind was actually better witout them on it though. Not gonna go back now!