A question for the ladies on OR

Mr Anderson

How do you get in that 'friends with benefits' niche?

Not by asking to be a friend with benefits, let me tell you. That ends with a an awkward look and no returned phone calls.

Plan a picnic (would suggest Goodale Park, but ComFest may serve as quite the distraction). It shows that you are a dedicated planner. This will also give you an opportunity to get to know one another in an easy-going, no-pressure environment. Too often, 1st dates in restaurants are mad-awkward and uncomfortable, as the two of you are just sitting "interview style" across from each other at a table.

After the picnic, try go-karting at Magic Mtn., Mini-Golfing, or some other fun activity which will keep the two of you engaged (as cheesy as it sounds, it could be fun).

Date 1 should be more about establishing who you are, and less about the "friend zone". If all goes well, you'll still be able to "tap that" in due time.:D

I also like this! good stuff.

both...eat dinner at cheesecake factory and then go to the show at the funny bone

+1

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mongolian BBQ and you make her food and she can make yours. Kind of a fun ice breaker... just don't make the girl vom. ;)

Then you can wander around Easton at night and check out the fountains... They are purty!! ....or just find a good people watching bench near adobe's and watch all the drunks

Plan a picnic (would suggest Goodale Park, but ComFest may serve as quite the distraction). It shows that you are a dedicated planner. This will also give you an opportunity to get to know one another in an easy-going, no-pressure environment. Too often, 1st dates in restaurants are mad-awkward and uncomfortable, as the two of you are just sitting "interview style" across from each other at a table.

After the picnic, try go-karting at Magic Mtn., Mini-Golfing, or some other fun activity which will keep the two of you engaged (as cheesy as it sounds, it could be fun).

Date 1 should be more about establishing who you are, and less about the "friend zone". If all goes well, you'll still be able to "tap that" in due time.:D

This is also a good idea. I asked the woman at work and go-karting is a good thing.

Mongolian BBQ and you make her food and she can make yours. Kind of a fun ice breaker... just don't make the girl vom. ;)

Then you can wander around Easton at night and check out the fountains... They are purty!! ....or just find a good people watching bench near adobe's and watch all the drunks

I think that's a nice 2nd or 3rd date... I don't want people deciding what i'm eating... and i dont want to be in THAT romantic of a situation on the first date either...

Well played good sir!

I hear the Barcelona restuarant near downtown is a good place. If it's the first date though Easton Funny bone doesn't sound like a bad idea at all.

I haven't hit Barcelona, however Jaimie and I went to Barrio (that new tapas spot just south of the Arena) after the Arts Festival, and it was a good time. The atmosphere was nice (especially upstairs, as it's pretty-much wall to wall windows), and the food was way past decent. If I'm not mistaken, the Sangria was pretty good as well!

I haven't hit Barcelona, however Jaimie and I went to Barrio (that new tapas spot just south of the Arena) after the Arts Festival, and it was a good time. The atmosphere was nice (especially upstairs, as it's pretty-much wall to wall windows), and the food was way past decent. If I'm not mistaken, the Sangria was pretty good as well!

I'll have to try Barrio. I have heard a few good reviews about that place.

There you go Mr. Anderson, sounds like you have a number of good suggestions, hope the date goes well.

I am not that good at making food. Watching the drunks is always a blast.

To get an idea of who I am. I do open doors for the ladies. I am 21 and she is 20.

If you really like her do something out of the ordinary to take her by surprise...a picnic by a lake, or a local festival/fish fry type of thing, the outdoors this time of year can be very romantic. If you want to impress her there is a place in Bexley called The Top...a very fancy steak place with a piano bar and live entertainment.

OK NEWS FLASH TO BOYS: Girls put you in the friend zone if they are not interested. It has very little to do with what you are doing.

Sorry for the news, but they probably just weren't wanting to be in a relationship with you for whatever reason.

I don't know about that. I have several guy friends that are in that zone simply b/c of age. If they were older and wanted similar things I would be all on that. :D

mark and my first date:

neil armstrong museum, then caverns/cave in bellefontaine, dinner at captain's point, walk around indian lake. it was pretty much an all day thing. i think the distractions of everything earlier in the date allowed for both of us to become comfortable just being around each other. by dinner time it was easy to talk and we were more relaxed.

show up with flowers, open doors for her and just be sweet :) If you bring the candy, she will eat it right up :p

Good idea! But if you show up with flowers, think outside the box. Remember C.C.N.C: Colorful, Classy, NOT Cliche. Meaning, unless roses or carnations are her ABSOLUTE favorite, go with something else. Finde a cool exotic (like a Protea), and do some quick reading on it (now you get display your newfound intelligence, and suddenly you have an interesting topic to discuss).:D

I'll have to try Barrio. I have heard a few good reviews about that place.

There you go Mr. Anderson, sounds like you have a number of good suggestions, hope the date goes well.

That also does sound good too. Should I bring flowers and dress all fancy. Should I dress casual but still bring the flowers.

I like this. Easton gets pretty busy on Sat. Is Brio any good?

Many will disagree but I dont' like Brio at all.....went there on a first date in April...not great atmosphere. I think I've been spoiled by carrabas at polaris. That's a good first date. Buy the sangria!!!!!! Yummy!!!

Picknick in goodale park???? no. Sounds gaaaaay.

Funny bone? that falls into the same zone as a movie.

Never been in the "friend zone". If I desired it, I got it. Now it may have taken some effort and time. I have women that are friends, no interest in sex with them.

Date rule

#1 be yourself, which includes doing what you like and would normally do.

#2 ask your date what she would like to do, but do not comprise rule 1

#3 Go and have fun with no expectations.

#4 you don't need to decide on marriage on the first date.

If you are really interested in a relationship, do not under any circumstances pretend to be anything more or less than what and who you are. I believe this is one of the reasons for divorce rate. Unless this is just another notch in the bed post.

Are you seriously taking dating advice from a bunch of bikers on the internet?:lol:

I am taking advice and it does not have to be a perfect first date. Yea I get nervous around her. So I want a relaxed first date but also fun.

Take her on a picnic at the Park of Roses in Clintonville. When you're done you can walk around and look at all of the beautiful flowers. It gets you out of buying flowers on the first date which may be a little awkward. If all goes well, go to Magic Mountain and if not, take her ass home and don't spend a dime on her!!