Columbus Honda Shadow Rider

Tbone9191

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cruisers are welcome, especially metrics ;)

:welcome:

Never would have thought I would buy a metric (always wanted a HD) but now that I have one I love it. I didn't pay an extra 10Grand for a name tag.

Its one heck of a bike for a 750.

Never would have thought I would buy a metric (always wanted a HD) but now that I have one I love it. I didn't pay an extra 10Grand for a name tag.

Its one heck of a bike for a 750.

You did good, saving yourself lots of money! Welcome to the site from another Shadowriders.net regular.

You did good, saving yourself lots of money! Welcome to the site from another Shadowriders.net regular.

Hey BiggO,

I recognized that pic right away. Thanks, I would agree! Im not a HD hater but value is value and in these times you gotta follow it when you see it!

Hey Omegea,

Good to see you on here. I am looking to do a few mods over some time. I would really like to do the full (front and rear) sprocket change ASAP (really need to decide on 39 or 37 tooth conversion), lower the rear end and front end, move the forward controls um... forward, pipes and jet kit, Change the handlebars and run the wires through, add the billski taillight and some new turn signals. Eventually, would like to do the bigger rear tire (VTX?) and the Headlight change.

I am always open to suggestions from those who have moddified there rides to find out from real world use what is good and what is bad. :popcorn:

You can do a rear sprocket change in size ONLY, the front has to remain the same size dur to space constraints. I reccomend the 38 tooth from Billski. I can swap you forks out if you want being as I have a lowered set sitting in my garage freshly rebuilt ( 1.5 lowered). All of these modds i and many others can walk you through. I have done all of these mods and plenty more. Shoot me a PM if you want to discuss your mods some more.

Anutter Shadow???

I think the Shadow is becoming the Jixxer of kroozers. :D

but really Welcome Dude. I ride with Shadows and Spirits alot.

deep down inside you want to be a Shadow rider ..... dont ya ? I know you do .

You can do a rear sprocket change in size ONLY' date=' the front has to remain the same size dur to space constraints. I reccomend the 38 tooth from Billski. I can swap you forks out if you want being as I have a lowered set sitting in my garage freshly rebuilt ( 1.5 lowered). All of these modds i and many others can walk you through. I have done all of these mods and plenty more. Shoot me a PM if you want to discuss your mods some more.[/quote']

I know I can't change the size but I have been told with 12K miles on the bike I should replace the front sprocket and chain as well as the rear. The stock front sprocket is a 17T correct. So that would be a direct replacement for the front.

Anutter Shadow???

I think the Shadow is becoming the Jixxer of kroozers. :D

but really Welcome Dude. I ride with Shadows and Spirits alot.

Thanks for the welcome. I have seen many shadows around and the ones I have seen are all well kept and running so that has to say something about the bike. I see more HD's on the side of the road than any other bike made. I have always been told that is part of the allure. WHo knows?!

Always looking to ride though for sure. Who cares what someone rides as long as its on two wheels!

I was keeding about the jixxer comment.

But between Wheez/Lance/Ol'Springer, Art,Oomp and Phop5 you'll get all kinds if mod advice/help. That's what we're here for.

Jagr, you know you want a Shadow, :cruiser:

and we're not even close to gixxers. :bukkake: , not that there is anything wrong with that.

12000 miles on a sprocket, huh? Hmm. I may have to check mine real fast before I sell, Last time I checked was at 7 when I did the rear, has about 11 on it now.

Tbone, no worries, I already told Lance you had first dibs if mine is still purty.

Actually "Shadow" was a stripper in Jacksonville that I helped put through college.

Oh the good ole dayz. And Chris Rock was wrong about the Champagne room. :p