Would you pay $850..

ChickOn2

For a non-running CBR 600? A 99 with 23K miles and a clear title, but seller says it needs a new fuel pump and a battery.

I'm sure this is a no-brainer for the great minds of OR, so please leave your brain droppings on this thread:)

yes

as long as thats all it really needs and is in average or better cosmetic condition

I would call the cosmetic condition "average" for its age. A few scratches here and there. The plastics are in OHKAY condition.

My biggest concern is the tires. The seller has a 15-month-old son, and hasn't actually ridden the bike since she found out she was in a state of knock-uppage, so.. what's that, a couple years since the tires have been warmed up? And I don't know dry rot when I see it.

@Jess... have I told you lately that I heart you?

I'm just not trying to inherit a money pit and have to transport it home to a repair shop AND wait for repairs to take place...

But another poster had a good point, $850 ain't the end of the world

I'd rock it...

bring a battery with you, and a can of starting fluid...

you should be able to get it to fire by spraying ether into the throttle body...if that's all that's wrong with it...

Excellent advice, sir.. and thank you!!

Contrary to what SOME PEOPLE might think, I know what a battery is, and I kinda even know where it goes! So THERE.:cool: