7/5 ride to Pa.

Lost1888

Almost the same route I was looking at when I txt'd you. Let me know a good meet-up point and I'll be there.

-Dave

I'll text you later tonight. Right now I'm getting ready for a wedding. I should be home around 10 or so. At least I hope so. I'm not one of big crowds of people.

I'm thinking we could meet somewhere on 6 or 322. Maybe at the Gas station in the plaza off Rt. 6 in Hamben? 9:00am?

I'll text and come on here and RideOhio to let you or anyone else who maybe interested know the plan later tonight. I kind of doubt anyone else is going to come along. Doesn't seem like many people ride east. Right now I'm getting ready for a wedding. I should be home around 10 or so. At least I hope so. I'm not one of big crowds of people.

I'm thinking we could meet somewhere on 6 or 322. Maybe at the Gas station in the plaza off Rt. 6 in Hamben? 9:00am?

Fixed

Alright home now. Great ride 27 to 227/27, some road that runs down in to Tedioute, 127 out of Tidioute back to 27 to 6 to 59 to Longhouse Drive, to 321 Stopped for lunch in Kane. Took 66 out of Kane to 948 to 666 to 62 and 62 to 358 to 58 and back my way on 322.

The weather was amazing the roads were awesome. No mishaps! I did some pretty hard riding especially once we meet up with a local from Kane riding a Super Duke. Johnny that is a Bad Ass bike. This guy could ride pretty darn good. He told us where his shop is are next time we are up there he is going to show us some other nice roads.

I hope everyone got out to ride today. IMO it doesn't get much better.

Our stop at the Kinzua Dam. We also happened to run into a bunch of Mentor/ Willoughby locals in the lot.

Chevellefan's teal 99 Sv650, a friends Ducati S2R, My 04 Sv650

100_40082.jpg

Pepe's Pizzaria in Kane we stopped for lunch and shared a Pepperoni pizza. Very good BTW.

100_40112.jpg

And a couple more parked out front. Sorry not many pictures. If I were alone I would stop more. But making the other guys stop for me to take a picture just isn't something I want to do.

100_40122.jpg

100_40132.jpg

would love to go on this next time you go. you actually go through the little town i went to high school in. i will be in this area the first week in august, maybe we can meet up then.

I'm sure I'll be back over there. Every time I go I learn new roads and enjoy the clean smooth pavement. My next ride has to be southern Ohio. It's been to long since I went down there. After I get my new tire, since my deal went to crap I'll have to wait a little, I will make it on a Bolivar ride.

Glad to see someone else riding today. I went the other way, with wildbill(bam bam) down to Hannibal. rode a few new roads with Bill in the lead. 212, to a local road that cut down to 212 again, then 151 to 9, to 556, 78 to 536, 7 to 255, 800 to 250 home. logged in just under 400 miles today and my tire is shot as well. Hope I can get a tire soon to head back out. I will have to do a Pa ride with you since I do live up near Cleveland it might be shorter to ride to Pa then WV.

Hope I can get a tire soon to head back out. I will have to do a Pa ride with you since I do live up near Cleveland it might be shorter to ride to Pa then WV.

Actually, the reason we went to PA instead of southern Ohio was because we all had relatively thin back tires (esp me) and I didn't think we could get there and back without showing cords. PA is good, but SE Ohio is better, IMO.

Still a great ride, though.

-Dave

My usual trip is about 400 miles. Yesterday was just short 380 or something. I like riding in S.O. better but I don't like the 80+ miles of slab it takes to get there. Most of the time I would take 44 south but that tends to be pretty dull also. When I go east it's about 35 miles before I hit some nice roads and sweepers. When I go south though I would like to get a hotel and stay over for the night and take my time getting home. But being unemployed the funds just aren't there for that type of thing this year. Every time I head south I seem to rack up the miles pretty quick and the ride home becomes more and more of a chore.

You think racking up the miles to southern ohio is bad try being dumb enough to make it from cleveland to the gap in 10 hours. I won't do that again. I mean it was fun once to do it but not again. Especially 2 up in the rain & dark. I couldn't have done it if it was 85 degrees. Would have been miserable. I agree stay the night.

You think racking up the miles to southern ohio is bad try being dumb enough to make it from cleveland to the gap in 10 hours. I won't do that again. I mean it was fun once to do it but not again. Especially 2 up in the rain & dark. I couldn't have done it if it was 85 degrees. Would have been miserable. I agree stay the night.

You can say you've done it now. Plus your bike has got to be a hell of a lot more comfortable putting on those kind of miles. On my little Sv my ass would be numb half way there and begging me not to ride the next day. Just the though makes me ache.

My theory is every mile I ride has to be enjoyable. Last thing I want to do is not enjoy the little bit of time I get to be out there. When I'm retired with nothing but time long trips racking up serious mileage might be more likely. But I doubt it.