Trooper Clocked at 147!!!

jporter12

Forward any problems with that statment to the former police chief in charge of the criminal justice departement at UC who teaches police organization and management.

Name and address please? haha just kidding, yes most of the time there is a performance expectation in most departments, technically a quota..no. ;) but in departments who do not sit and run traffic (most small villages, troops, etc. traffic cops) the aforementioned "quota" is more directed to felony, misdemeanor arrests, summonses, etc. I've distinctly heard this line before "so, in the last 3 months you need more felony warrants and felony arrests, 15 isnt enough, go get more tar and rock." and thats not for money, its to keep our streets clean, the revenue isnt large enough to make a difference in most cities' budgets. for traffic tickets, there is a certain chief that discourages his officers from running traffic, i like that.

Blacktalon- you changed your post to something completely different! oh well, i liked the first post better haha

Edited by OfcMav

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im suprised the other cop even wrote the ticket, 99 times out of 100 the other cop would say " oh shit buddy, i didn't realize you were a cop too, were on the same team, take it easy, see you later "...

+1..I am surprised he got it as well.

SO we know who at least one Dickhead cop is....

He propably would write his mother as well.

I hope he gets a rash of shit for it.

i have noticed that slower cars are the one who cause more problems. My close calls that I get are because someone is going below the speed limit and causing me to change lanes in a dangerous situation. go after those people.

The speeders know what they are doing. Speed limits suck!.

Cops should work on real crime and problems in their district. And if there is no real crime then give them something else to do instead of harassing people who are late for work.

I know Jason. He's a pretty good guy who just got back in to riding. Last I saw him he, along with 4 other state troopers on bikes, stopped at Iron Pony on Memorial Day while we were waiting for a group ride. Yeah, he's a cop...but I guess he has a need for speed like the rest of us. I bet if he caught one of you speeding he'd give you a warning. Go easy on the guy.

I remember talking with them. They seemed pretty cool. I do remember one of them saying if we try to pull you over don't run we'll give you a warning.

:slap::boxing: easy on the IRS agent comments, LEOs are held to a higher standard by all of society...if LEOs were not then we would be having this thread. Do we enforce the law, yes(well, most of us do lol). Do some LEOs who are idiots while off duty make all other LEOs look dumb, unfortunately. Why are all LEOs judged by these few idiots? I am not for or against throwing the book at him, lets not just get everyone to jump on the cop hater throw the book at him bandwagon, besides he wasnt a cop...he is a trooper, they are not police officers haha. :rulez::popcorn::D P.S. not all officers are jerks, and contrary to popular belief, most set good examples, its the few that make poor decisions sometimes here and there that stereotypes all LEOs.

Also, LEOs are held to a higher standard by society, when society hears of the indescression. How often does the LEO community cover up for one of their own? Society, yes... but the legal community holds them to a much lower standard. A police officer near me was found passed out drunk in the drive through at Steak and Shake. Until the story got out... they had no intention of punishing him at all... no charges were filed for weeks etc. The cops took him home. I know a few bad apples spoil the bunch... but small things, lead to bigger things. At LEAST let the guy get the same as I would for the same thing. Years ago when I took criminal law, that was 10 points on my license and a 6 month license suspension.

This guy knows what's up:

"Zed9thWard wrote:

First I would be ashamed to be caught on a Kawasaki going anywhere above zero. Second who knew they did go that fast? "

:lol::popcorn:

I say, don't throw the book at him, and don't let him off lightly. Let him be punished just like he deserves in the same manner they'd do to any other civilian. Your employment should be no bearing on your punishment for something you did while off duty when it comes to traffic fines. Just treat him like everyone else.

Also, LEOs are held to a higher standard by society, when society hears of the indescression. How often does the LEO community cover up for one of their own? Society, yes... but the legal community holds them to a much lower standard. A police officer near me was found passed out drunk in the drive through at Steak and Shake. Until the story got out... they had no intention of punishing him at all... no charges were filed for weeks etc. The cops took him home. I know a few bad apples spoil the bunch... but small things, lead to bigger things. At LEAST let the guy get the same as I would for the same thing. Years ago when I took criminal law, that was 10 points on my license and a 6 month license suspension.

I guess those officers opted for officer discretion? :dunno: Agreed some officers lack morals or common sense when it comes to fellow boys/girls in blue - some officers take officer discretion to an entirely different level and attempt to bend----> :rulez: (ok you caught me the only reason i like to post on here is to use these cool smilies) :D

Hey... I understand a lot of the reason for it. Your life may depend on these people at some point and you have to wonder... If I nail this guy for speeding today, will he show up as fast when I need backup? Will this dude drag my ass out of the way when i'm broken and bleeding? But still... the law is suppsoed to apply to us all. That's all I want.

Hey... I understand a lot of the reason for it. Your life may depend on these people at some point and you have to wonder... If I nail this guy for speeding today, will he show up as fast when I need backup? Will this dude drag my ass out of the way when i'm broken and bleeding? But still... the law is suppsoed to apply to us all. That's all I want.

:plus1:

I remember talking with them. They seemed pretty cool. I do remember one of them saying if we try to pull you over don't run we'll give you a warning.

Jason show up later and stated he was looking to get a zx14. I'm guessing that's what he was riding. He's a decent dude. yeah, he sped and got caught. Fine him, put something in his work record and be done.

:slap::boxing: easy on the IRS agent comments, LEOs are held to a higher standard by all of society...if LEOs were not then we would be having this thread. Do we enforce the law, yes(well, most of us do lol). Do some LEOs who are idiots while off duty make all other LEOs look dumb, unfortunately. Why are all LEOs judged by these few idiots? I am not for or against throwing the book at him, lets not just get everyone to jump on the cop hater throw the book at him bandwagon, besides he wasnt a cop...he is a trooper, they are not police officers haha. :rulez::popcorn::D P.S. not all officers are jerks, and contrary to popular belief, most set good examples, its the few that make poor decisions sometimes here and there that stereotypes all LEOs.

Troopers = Grey shirted road nazis... (learned that one from OPOTA instructor, repeated it to OSP instructor during traffic portion... guess who also taught PT and Hand to Hand the next month.... ouch. )

damn taillight chasers... LOL

And it is an unfortunately high number of LEOs setting the bad examples, perhaps not the majority, but it is certainly a disturbingly pervasive trend in Law Enforcement. (The authority and responsiblity involved obviously being a major factor in both corruption and consequence.)

I know Jason. He's a pretty good guy who just got back in to riding. Last I saw him he, along with 4 other state troopers on bikes, stopped at Iron Pony on Memorial Day while we were waiting for a group ride. Yeah, he's a cop...but I guess he has a need for speed like the rest of us. I bet if he caught one of you speeding he'd give you a warning. Go easy on the guy.

Yeah, if ANY civilian got busted going 146 in a 65, they are getting a ticket with mandatory court date at least, getting their bike impounded as reckless op at worse. There's no defense for going more than double the posted speed limit, and no justification for a warning. I'm willing to wager that's why the cop gave him the ticket, you really can't sweep that under the rug.

Who is this Higgins guy everyone's scared of?

Yeah, if ANY civilian got busted going 146 in a 65, they are getting a ticket with mandatory court date at least, getting their bike impounded as reckless op at worse. There's no defense for going more than double the posted speed limit, and no justification for a warning. I'm willing to wager that's why the cop gave him the ticket, you really can't sweep that under the rug.

Who is this Higgins guy everyone's scared of?

I don't know any Higgins.

As for the penalty...I was thinking the same thing. I spoke to another cop over this past weekend. He stated something about the law has changed and they will no longer take your bike for excessive speeding and that you wont get a wreckless op.

I don't buy that.. and I never ask a cop for any information regarding the law. Unfortunately' date=' they are typically less than informed about such things.[/quote']

He's a friend that I ride with...so I think he's trustworthy. Now, he's no lawyer...so maybe he's interpreting the law incorrectly.

I don't know any Higgins.

As for the penalty...I was thinking the same thing. I spoke to another cop over this past weekend. He stated something about the law has changed and they will no longer take your bike for excessive speeding and that you wont get a wreckless op.

I don't buy that.. and I never ask a cop for any information regarding the law. Unfortunately' date=' they are typically less than informed about such things.[/quote']

I don't think that was really asking about the laws, as much as how the LEO's interperate them, or their standard procedures, which I often ask local LEO's about when they're here at the shop.

Why can't people keep this 100+ mph shit on the track??

Seriously if any of us got pulled over going 147 prepare for serious consequences. I think it should be that way. There is no reason to ride like that on public roads. I don't care about the rider endangering himself - just getting on a bike is risky. You just don't do that on a public road. Gives motorcyclists a bad name when people see that kind of thing, and puts other drivers on the road in danger.

I wouldn't ride with this fuck-stick for 5 feet and I hope he gets screwed just like we would. Its stupid, plain and simple.

IP, this must be your creedo! I'm nearly 100% POSITIVE that somewhere in another thread, you posted this message almost VERBATIM.:D

All I can say is wow. It was just speeding and I hope he doesn't lose his job or have any severe punishment. It's a BS excuse when people hold cops to higher moral standard.

He was just speeding.

and he stopped.. if I was doing 150 and saw a cop, there is no way I'm throttling down