Went And Looked At A Bike Tonight. 90 Yamaha Radian

NightRider

To all that read my Boulevard and Raider thread....well....i'm still waiting to go through the whole financing bs, and quite honestly i'm tired of waiting. I can't wait for anything it's just not me. So...i have been looking at cheap bikes, just to hold me off until i can get a new one. I found a 1990 Yamaha Radian 700 bucks. Definitely need some work, but i test rode it. Ran pretty good, shifted through all gears fine. No odd noises, etc. Needs cosmetic work. Headlight is missing. Right side battery cover is missing. Some surface rust on the swing arm and exhaust. Tank (outside) paint is chipped and looks like a little rust on the bottom edge. Tank will probably need creamed. I think that's it, but i'm picky.

Anyone think this would be a descent deal? For 700$ i'm obviously not looking for a show queen, but just wanted to get some opinions. Anyone know where i can get parts for the bike? I wish i had been able to take pics myself. But here are some from the ad. I don't think it looks that bad, and with some work....could definitely have some potential.

3n93ke3lfZZZZZZZZZ9768de868a20cee144a.jpg

3n33k43mbZZZZZZZZZ9769921ff4c18a2141b.jpg

3m43pa3o8ZZZZZZZZZ9767a613b1a537c183e.jpg

What do you guys think?

The Radian, in its day, had a pretty good reputation as a daily rider. Dependable and all that. Not a real big seller as far as models went but not an orphan either. It had disc brakes, a halogen headlight that really lit things up. Not super fast but not slow either. Decent handling and stopping. I saw lots with saddle bags and such on them.

Parts on eBay for it if you dig around a bit. Things like headlights, turn signals, levers and grips should be easy enough to find.

You could do worse for $700