Yamaha demo rides

Uncle Punk

Yamaha demo rides at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. They have the entire V Star line up (Except the 250) including the new VMax. They also have a FJR1300AE, R1, R6, FZ1 and the new entry level FZ6R. They will be in front of the Rock hall Sunday from 10:00 to 6:00. You can sign up to ride any bike, first ride goes out at 10:30 and last ride goes out at 5:30. Motorcycle endorsement required (No temps.), long pants, no sandals and D.O.T. helmet.

They rain really but a damper on things today in fact a few people rode four bikes today. After things cleared up it got kind of busy and I would expect tomorrow to be busy. First come first served so if you want to ride the R1 or the VMax get there early. Free parking and discount tickets to the Rock hall of fame.

Edited by Uncle Punk

Are you seriously getting rid of your R1 already? I rode the new one today and you are right it sure does roast your nuts. What are you looking for from Suzuki that you haven't had already?

Everyone who rode the VMax today was impressed with it but surprisingly the FJR1300AE (Electric shift model.) had rave reviews from people who rode it that really weren't considering one but rode it because the bike they wanted to ride was taken for the next time slot.

Your such a chatty Cathy. I love that '08-'09 CBR1000RR, I wish I had your problems trying to decide which bike to get next. If I could afford a new 1000 that would be the one I would get. Now if I had your kind of money I would look at the 1198s, it's not a better bike just cooler.

i went to that demo day today, and i had a lot of fun riding the VMAX and the warrior. Uncle Punk, is your name Todd? I told them some guy from the forums posted about it, and they asked me if your name was Todd, and I just said, "yeah, sure!".

anyways, the bikes were great to ride, and the VMAX is pretty baller.

no actually, i got there at 4pm, i told them i wanted to ride the vmax, they told me i had to wait til 4:30, so i rode the warrior first and rode the vmax right after.

they treated me ok. they kinda gave me the stink eye cause they were concerned about my age (they called me a young man) and cause my license said Novice on the endorsement. I told them I've been riding for about 4 years now, and that i ride about 15k miles every year, and they seemed to feel more comfortable after that. i didn't have a problem with that... i guess someone already dropped the R6 or something earlier and they didn't want another squid like me dropping their vmax or warrior. anyways, the ride was nice.

I would have posted this up earlier in the week but I didn't find out about it until Thursday night at Kennedy's cookout. Details at that time were still kind of sketchy and they didn't have a link with any good information to send people to. After I helped out Saturday I knew what the deal was so I posted. It's too bad they dropped the ball with information with this because it had potential to be a nice event for them. There were a lot of things that went into making this so, one of which is the rock hall is hard to work with.

i'll tell you how it was! it'll be just like you were there. here goes:

it was all like, VRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOMMM, and my arms were all like, "OMFGLOLBBQ i'm going to fall off if you keep twisting that throttle thingie!" and I was all like, "LOL fall off then cause this is baller!" and then we had to stop, so I pressed the brake levers and my eyes were like, "I ain't gonna fall out, but these are decent brakes" and I was like "yeah, let's see if I can do a stoppie" and i smacked myself in the back of the head. then there were some wide WIDE sweepers along 2W and the bars were all like, "Wheeee look at me, I make the bike go floppy flop" and I was like, "counter steer biatch! and it did.

lol, not sure what mileage will be like. it sounds really good though... not the V Twin rumble I'm used to, but the V4 is not shabby sounding by any means. when you roll on the throttle, it builds up with this peculiar raspy and mechanical thrumming into a sort of "BRRRRAAAAAAAPPPP VRRRROOOMMM" sort of thingiemabob

and the best part? it has the pull to go with the noise.

Unfortunately Yamaha will be producing the VMax in limited numbers again for 2010. They limited them to 2,500 for 2009 and only sold 1,800. Many were hoping that the limited production would be just for the first year but that will not be the case. So no dealing with the asking price for another year and you still need to make a $1,000 deposit to order one.