Prices on liter sport bikes...

DangBruhY

Have they always been that expensive?

I'm kinda kicking around the idea of buying a liter bike, but when I saw the prices... It made me second guess if I really wanted a new one. I don't think I've ever priced out any new bikes. So the prices might be what they always have been.

Why do you want a liter bike? 600ccs not enough for you?

Hell yeah it's enough... You know, maybe I just need to get a newer bike. 600 or 1000. I rode my buddies ZX10R and fell in love. It seems like the liter bikes have more features than the smaller bikes.

Yeah, with the prices as what they are, I might just get a used one. But then again, when you get a used one, you don't really know what has happened to the bike.

I think I'm just wanting to get more technology and not necessarily more power. My bike is crazy fast. (Not compared to a 1000 though, but you know what I mean)

I priced them and found a new 06 left over last year for almost 3k off list. look around there are deals to be found check out rick roush in Medina. I picked up a cbr 1000rr last season for $8200 new with full warranty. Last time I was up there they had new 07 1000rr for 8400 and a zx10 07 for 9200. Look a little harder and you will come across the same deals.

Seems there's always late-model liter bikes around for $5k-$7k that folks want rid of... either insurance, payments, or impulse buys play to our favor!

I just found an '06 10R with 3,400 miles in the $6k range... has some scratches but otherwise, is almost new. I thought... what's a newer unit getting me performance-wise, very little for that extra $6k (warranty aside)!

http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/kawasaki/08-kawasaki-zx10r-preview-70237.html

When some moto journalists called the new ZX-10R's ignition management system Traction Control, corporate lawyers bounced off their rev limiters. After the engineers and marketers had argued their case, they were allowed to describe it as a device to minimize wheelspin coming off the corners. Maybe we should call it "Spin Control!"

^Lame. You want traction control? Use your right hand. :)

Sure the 600s are definitely fast enough, but I think I like the literbike for the street. I like having the ability to gain speed, have loads of low end torque, and not have to wring the shit out of the bike on the street to enjoy it.

For the track, 600 all the way. Street? I'll take a 1k anyday.

Like a previous poster said, check out leftover bikes from past model years. I got my '08 FZ6 new in March of '09 for about $5400. It was $5975 OTD. MSRP is $7k. Most used FZ6's at the time were going for over $5k on craigslist. Keep an eye on Honda East in Toledo's website. The one internet guy Scott is awesome. He'll give you an OTD price over email. I drove out there, took 45 minutes to look at the bike, hand them cash, and sign some paperwork, and rode home. I couldn't be happier.