Charleston WV Ride

ReconRat

A little road trip to Charleston, WV from Columbus for Jagr, Artmageddon and I. Cruise around town, get lost, get found, get lost again. See the capitol of WV. Eat at Outback. Yes, minor amounts of rain twice. And a third time right outside Columbus on the way back. That one was a bit more wet...

Pics or it never happened:

DSCI0665.jpg

DSCI0668.jpg

DSCI0672.jpg

DSCI0682.jpg

Why only 2 bikes in the first pic?

Was Jase ridin' bitch with one of you?!? :p

Technical excuse: The photographic exposure control was a bitch with the bright light on the sky and light surfaced capital dome. This is one of the few photos that succeeded. There is a Jagr helmet on a handlebar barely visible on the right side. Behind the parked car that no one wanted in the pic. Besides, we're cheap and did not want to pay for an extra parking spot. Meter nazis were circling us...

Reality: Jason's HellzSteed is still a bit photo shy, and requested we wait a bit before showing all it's glory.

Technical excuse: The photographic exposure control was a bitch with the bright light on the sky and light surfaced capital dome. This is one of the few photos that succeeded. There is a Jagr helmet on a handlebar barely visible on the right side. Behind the parked car that no one wanted in the pic. Besides, we're cheap and did not want to pay for an extra parking spot. Meter nazis were circling us...

Reality: Jason's HellzSteed is still a bit photo shy, and requested we wait a bit before showing all it's glory.

Nice pics Recon!! It is really beautiful down there. Sounds like a fun trip :D

did you get to ride the good roads in WV or just the freeway ?

Nope, this was a one day tactical strike. Freeways in WV are pretty much all about high speed mountain sweepers anyway. A road patrol would be nice, but probably would need an extra day to get lost, get found, get lost again. This was pretty much 12 hours down and back. (8 hours on road, plus goofing around.) A good one day trip. A combination of road test for Jason's HellzSteed, road experience for Art, and proof that I need to lube my chain more often.

On one of the "lost" portions, we did find our way up and down the airport road. Nice to have a road like that right downtown.

Ha. Nice write up Tom. It was a good day for sure. 77 in WV is serious. I couldn't believe we were doing 80ish and were being passed by campers and cars pulling boats. Too funny. It was like the Thrillbilly Autobahn. :D

Even with the rain it was a great ride. Good company and awesome scenery combined with being on 2 wheels guarantee that.

The Z performed admirably. I think a gel/foam seat upgrade will be my next project.

It was a good day for sure. 77 in WV is serious. I couldn't believe we were doing 80ish and were being passed by campers and cars pulling boats.

For real man. It was odd to zipping around the swerves on 77 at 75-80 MPH and being some the the slower vehicles on the road.

WV drivers don't piss around.

Pics coming shortly...

Tom on guard (or sleeping?)...

nope, hacking the GPS, and trying to find us a decent lunch...and how to get there...

Ehhhh, GPS POI information, it's better to just ask people on the street where to eat...

And then use the GPS to get there.

We went to the downtown Mall Outback. Nice place, and duh, not one pic of it.