tire question

codygsxr600

I have run the race techs on my dad's TL-S and for street duty they are a good tire. They didn seem to have Hum when new from the tread, but had decent wet traction. He got real good mileage out of them about 5k miles out of the rear at least with 1-2 trackdays on them.

There are a lot of good tires out there to use. From checking other forms and doing research myself, I'd have to say at the Pilot Powers are a great tire. I currently use Dunlop's Quilifer and its been good thus far on the rear. As for my next tire change front+rear I'm either going to get 2 Quilifiers or 2 Pilot Powers. I have heard of moderate life for the Quilifers, espically for commute riding. I'm testing this now, but I have read that they seem to do a lot better for canyon/twist riding and will last 3-5k miles probably. But I think that life of a tire really comes down to your riding style and how squidly you are or aren't.

As for top Sellers for Street:

Metzeler Sporttec/M3

Dunlop Quilifer

Michlien Pilot Powers

Pirelli Diablo

More Track Based Tires:

Pilot Power 2CT

Pirelli Diablo Corsa/Diabo Corsa 3's

Pirelli Dragon SuperCorsa

Just check the tires and see what you like the most and want to afford. Hope this helps.