Seats Done

Tbone9191

More TwittOR. :nono:

Glad you like it. I will seriously post the memory foam mod how-to one day for the rest of the folk. I like doing projects, but finding time to write about them is hard.

I would like to try a sportbike to see how it works, if there are any takers. Will cost you about $15(as long it works :rolleyes: ).

What did you do with the seat, I need to do something bad to mine it is 25 years old and the foam has compressed and the cover has a tear.

Basically, I cut away half the seat and replaced it with memory foam.

Before I did mine, I would start feeling pain or discomfort at 75-100 miles.

After the mod, I rode 400 last week and never felt a twinge.

Glad you like it. I will seriously post the memory foam mod how-to one day for the rest of the folk. I like doing projects, but finding time to write about them is hard.

I would like to try a sportbike to see how it works, if there are any takers. Will cost you about $15(as long it works :rolleyes: ).

I might be interested in this, if I can get an extra seat. I need to get this one recovered anyway, so this and a new cover would be sweet!

Pics or this thread is Worthless and you should be banned immediately.

Putting pics up of a stock seat would be kinda bland in my opinion. And why post pictures of project that are already able to be found on this site seems ... well... redundant.

I put this in the general talk forum for the reason of letting friends that I have acquired through this site know my great news, discuss how it went and how it is performing.

Art... Twitter!!!! Messed up man! HAHAHAHAHA

I'll send you my stock seat...I have a corbin, but I want my stock seat to use as well...

I already pulled the material off and have been shaving the foam, but you're more than welcome to do anything you want to with it.

• 2 months later...

Bumping this on purpose.

I had planned on following Art's mod earlier in the season but I didn't want to risk it and ruin my seat and not be able to ride. Well I ordered a seat off eBay listed as "usable" condition... I was expecting to use that seat to do the modding... got it today... seat is practically brand new, BETTER condition than my current seat...

Anyway, just bragging, I'm going to try the mod you did Art, the seat cost me $30 so worst case I'm out $30 plus materials.

someone on here had a sweet looking seat cover and gel insert made. cant remeber who it was. benyen? anyways it looked mint