Rode my bro's 250 Rebel today

EvilTwin

So on Monday my brother laid his Rebel down, b/c he leaned it over to far and caught the foot peg, and fractured his right ankle. Here's the link to his profile if you want to give him shit, or be nice, or w/e http://www.ohio-riders.com/member.php?u=3726 ;)

But anyways I rode his bike home today from the parking garage he had it stashed at after the accident. Let me tell you that if feels really frickin weird riding a Rebel when you're used to a ZX-6R. When I first tried to put my feet up I couldn't find the pegs till I looked down, and I was pretty shaky before I got used to the feel of not sitting forward and over my feet. The whole way home I was glad to be wearing his gear, because I was embarrassed at how slow his bike was and how loud it was b/c of his loose header. I was sitting at stop lights sounding like a HD when really I'm sitting on this tiny little bike that couldn't out accelerate a civic. I know a Rebel isn't a cruiser, but riding his bike has convinced me that I will never own a cruiser because riding with my feet forward and all the weight so low is not at all comfortable for me; riding streched out just doesn't feel natural.

One funny thing is that his bike has a kinda accidental cruise control, b/c his right grip is to tight against something, so it sticks in position. :lol: So you can get it up to speed and take both hands off the bars and just ride down the road not doing anything, and maintaining speed.

He loves his bike though... proof that he is not right in his head :D

I will never own a cruiser because riding with my feet forward and all the weight so low is not at all comfortable for me; riding streched out just doesn't feel natural.

I agree completely. I don't feel safe if I'm not in an athletic position on a bike. It feels like leaning back on skis.

Different stroked for different folks I guess. At least he is out riding something! I'm glad to hear he didn't get banged up any worse then he did. It could have turned out alot worse. Heel fast buddy!!!

Edited by Whitey1
forgot spell check! lol

Are the footpegs solid on that bike? I remember that Metric bikes used to have solid footpegs, like a bar of steel across the bottom of the bike. You didn't want to hit that thing on the pavement. You actually had to stick your toe out a bit to feel for where the street was.

the rebel is what i rode in the MSF course... I wasn't a huge fan of it either :(

I ended up on a Nighthawk today, which I understand is about the same, they look close to the same, other than the controls being a bit forward on the Rebel. I have a new appreciation for the little Ninja 250! One more day of the MSF class to go (tomorrow.)

I ended up on a Nighthawk today, which I understand is about the same, they look close to the same, other than the controls being a bit forward on the Rebel. I have a new appreciation for the little Ninja 250! One more day of the MSF class to go (tomorrow.)

Nice! Hope it all went well! I, too, now have more appreciation for the sport bike. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a 250 to learn on :)

riding with my feet forward and all the weight so low is not at all comfortable for me; riding streched out just doesn't feel natural.

I feel the EXACT opposite! Glad to hear your brother is okay (except the ankle).

As for that Bobber pic.... BAD ASS!

:banana:

KillJoy

Nice! Hope it all went well! I, too, now have more appreciation for the sport bike. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a 250 to learn on :)

I think Mr Anderson is looking to upgrade from his 250 to a 600.

I all went really well! Everyone in the class passed, first time!

I watch craigslist for a couple months looking for another 250 for the wife, or a project bike for myself. I saw quite a few 250 ninja's for less than $2000, but it was always when we were short on money, and they were gone by the time we could spring for them! I ended up with my Interceptor 500, and she gets the Ninja.

Nice I have a 4 year unlimited miles warranty that will also be sold with my bike next year.

I can't compete with that...I have added some aftermarket parts to mine and have taken extremely good care of it...although mine is an 05'

We shall see Mr Anderson, we shall see...