Rider Down or Wear Gear! or RIDE AT YOUR OWN PACE

Cheech

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured that was you, for some inexplicable reason I never saved your number on my phone. That's been fixed. :)

Thanks a ton for the encouragement everyone. Like I said before, I think my biggest problem was not separating nice country spirited rides like what I went on with SWing'r and Hue from grab-your-balls-and-hold-on-wheee! rides like the more experienced people. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

I think I'll stay in the kiddie pool of Columbus/Delaware for a while. Kinda reminds me of Cedar Point, you need to be this tall to ride the Coshocton ride, and I'm still a widdle kid rocking out on the bumper cars (you can't lowside those). It'll happen, but it's not happening tomorrow.

Oh yeah, and I scored my first goal of the year just now. It was a beautiful Avery/Brodeur moment, you hardcore hockey fans will know what I'm talking about.

not to make light of your situation cheech but theres some good quotes there Im gonna use and glad your otay ... and yes jim is good people i know him and have rode with him and hes a otay

I don't understand why someone didn't tell you to go back home when they saw you ride up on a katana.

thats plain wrong

just kinda reinforces my stand of f- trying to keep up with you a-holes... if ya can't wait for me then I'll have just as much fun riding by myself

I was coming back for you n fonz if i didn't see you show up real fast on the non-castle run...

Hey Cheech, I'm glad you're still whole and beautiful!!

And I'm with you, man... I will be riding to my comfort level, regardless of what the group is doing. Love 'em to death, but I will see y'all at the next stop sign.. If you don't believe me, you can ask the Dayton group, they'll tell you exactly how I gets down LOL

Edited by ChickOn2

Cheech,

So glad you're okay!!

The bike can be fixed/replaced/etc. Glad you're still here to tell us about it. Best wishes for safer rides!

Pic taken at Hooters on 7/10/09

P7100625a.jpg

Ah, better days. I'll start lining up shops tonight to get insurance estimates, I'm very much heartened by the fact that engine doesn't seem to think there's anything wrong. At least it'll make one hell of a go-kart (you can't lowside those either)

Glad we could help, and your ok............Best lesson WEAR GEAR !!!! Also helps to know the road....nice of the OR people to wait, or come back, and check on you (another lesson learned)

rep for you for helping cheech in his time of definate need

Lots of lessons in this thread for new riders, and for experienced ones.

Group rides can be dicey - and for a new rider the temptation to keep up or ride over your abilities will bite you. Don't fixate on the guy in front of you, don't try to impress anyone. If they ride off so fuckin what.

And, for the experienced rider you are (whether you acknowledge it or not) determining the pace of the ride for someone who might want to impress or hang with your speed. Know your riding partners, if they're not up to your experience level make sure they know you'll be riding hard and don't expect them to match you.

And for fuck's sake everyone turn around if one of you doesn't catch up.

Luckily, this one turned out minor. Gear works.