Best place to buy gear

Bad324

In anticipation of actually finding a bike soon I want to go check out and test fit some gear but have no idea where a good place is. Cleveland area preferred but I work in Massillon so Akron/Canton area works too as it can be on my way home from work. Thanks!

Edited by Bad324

In anticipation of actually finding a bike soon I want to go check out and test fit some gear but have no idea where a good place is. Cleveland area preferred but I work in Massillon so Akron/Canton area works too as it can be on my way home from work. Thanks!

I will make a trip to Iron Pony in Columbus...it's worth the time....

if not then I will check out State8 and Ohio Motorcycles in Oakwood

I will make a trip to Iron Pony in Columbus...it's worth the time....

if not then I will check out State8 and Ohio Motorcycles in Oakwood

I keep going to S8 and OM to find deals and there are none....

If you're just looking to try on then yah go ahead and then go home and find it online... probably at Iron Pony.

Honestly, echo what Kosmo said, go to Iron Pony.

You can try Harding's Park Cycle in Canton. They have a decent selection of helmets (Shoei, Shark, Arai) and some jackets.

Kame's in North Canton on Cleveland Ave. did have some Astars gear and some HJC helmets.

But, Like everyone pretty much mentioned you are better off going to Iron Pony.

try it on at a store and buy online

that is more than likely what I will do I just want to get a good idea of what sizes I need in everything. I have a good guess what it could be but wanted a place to actually try some things out.

that is more than likely what I will do I just want to get a good idea of what sizes I need in everything. I have a good guess what it could be but wanted a place to actually try some things out.

As well you should, especially being it's your first time with gear. If you can pinch stuff from the closeout rack, then I would pick stuff up from IP. The rest of it you would be well served to find online, but only after you've figured out the fit you want and what you feel comfortable in. Trying to play shipping tag after the fact is no fun, especially if you've already got the bike.

Just remember to wear that shit, always.

the selection for "normal sized" guys in the iron pony closeout section is pretty worthless right now.

Damn, I was just about to head over there to try and find a jacket to replace the one I went down in. I have some store credit there, so I can't follow my own advice :)

try it on at a store and buy online.

www.newenough.com is GREAT

www.motorcyclecloseouts.com is good too

make sure you know the return policies for online vendors. Some have restocking fees and such if you need to return something.

+1 I get almost all my gear from New Enough.

Damn, I was just about to head over there to try and find a jacket to replace the one I went down in. I have some store credit there, so I can't follow my own advice :)

It's worth checking out as their inventory changes so frequently, but what I would consider their 'nice' textile jackets aren't usually available in Large.

the selection for "normal sized" guys in the iron pony closeout section is pretty worthless right now.

Tru dat. IronPony closeout is great if you're a midget or anorexic. Everything is Small or Medium and they run small.

rich roush is pretty good bout handin out discounts...if u can find what you need at iron pony then shoot for them but roush is probably closer...they gave me my jacket which is 299 even on ebay for 250 out the door cause i told em i found it online for 299 and it came with a packpack lol :D