Who insures your bike?

F4iBunny

So our house and cars are all with AmFam, friend's dad is an agent with them. They also covered my 250. I added my F4i back in January and they got real confused. They just now told me it would be $1300/yr instead of the $300 they originally told me. This was due to when they enter the VIN number the program automatically checked the box for "superbike." Well, the agent said he could uncheck it but they still had it fucked up. So Bret's bike is with State Farm so I checked into switching. They gave me a great quote and said they could cover my bike. This was only like last week. So I cancelled AmFam, paid a whole year for State Farm. Now they are saying that Bret has a flaw on his driving record from last January so they are dropping my policy because we live in the same house!!! :wtf:WTF?! Oh and they are keeping him! They said they will only take my bike if we add a car too!

Long story short, I need a new insurance company for my bike. Who else had good rates for bikes and aren't complete morons?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have full coverage on both Ducs and my 2008 scooter through Geico. I pay $487/year but I've a couple points on my license for speeding' date=' passing on double yellow and blowing red lights. (sad face)[/quote']

Yay for non-standard customers :) lol, 6 points is "a couple"?

Farmers for me, less than $400/yr. for all my bikes.

Farmers gets me $260/mth for business insurance, including my apartment as a home office, two vehicles and two bikes. And thats with two drivers on both bikes and cars even with me being under 25 and us not being married. And all $500 deductibles.

Farmers gets me $260/mth for business insurance, including my apartment as a home office, two vehicles and two bikes. And thats with two drivers on both bikes and cars even with me being under 25 and us not being married. And all $500 deductibles.

Uhm... $3,120 for a year...

$1,000 for 2 vehicles

$500 for 2 bikes

Are you paying $1,620 for business and renters? Cuz srsly, this seems pretty high.

my husband has both our bikes covered thru progressive. They seem reasonable.

Yeah, $95 a year per bike, for both of us. The fuckers only gave us a $1 discount for taking the MSF BRC course. I'm not happy about that one, so we may be switching in the spring when this policy is up.

Yeah, $95 a year per bike, for both of us. The fuckers only gave us a $1 discount for taking the MSF BRC course. I'm not happy about that one, so we may be switching in the spring when this policy is up.

Well, 95 is the minimum price... it's likely you were near minimum price before the discounts and that just happened to be the discount that brought you down.

Good luck finding cheaper though, let me know if you find anyone so I can let my bosses know :)

i got everything with allstate.. house, cars, truck and bike.. i did have my bike through geico but with alstate i got same coverage for less and another discount for the rest of my stuff... only big diffrence between allstate and my geico plan was geico has assessory coverage up to 2,000 and alstates is only 1,000.. i will never deal with progressive again on anything... everybody has it so it's alot harder to deal with claims in accident... remember allstate has accident forgiveness..

i got everything with allstate.. house, cars, truck and bike.. i did have my bike through geico but with alstate i got same coverage for less and another discount for the rest of my stuff... only big diffrence between allstate and my geico plan was geico has assessory coverage up to 2,000 and alstates is only 1,000.. i will never deal with progressive again on anything... everybody has it so it's alot harder to deal with claims in accident... remember allstate has accident forgiveness..

You had me until the end... "everybody has it so it's alot harder to deal with claims in accident"... not sure where you got this from... same company claims are easier because you don't have to go through subrogation. So yah, also, Nationwide and Progressive have $3,000 in accessory coverage.

One thing to note about "accident forgiveness" is that most of the time they say "won't go up just because of an accident"... it's usually the failure to control or other ticket that makes your rate go up.

Also, note Allstate's requirements:

To use this feature, four things need to happen:

1. It has to be the only accident in 48 months where you were at fault-on any motorcycle.

2. Your motorcycle insurance policy with Allstate needs to be at least 48 months old.

3. Both the bike and the driver have to be covered when the accident happens.

4. The covered driver can't be charged with any major traffic violation related to the accident.

4 year old policy and no major violation...

Edited by Likwid

was hit head on by a guy who also had progressive.. i even had a lawyer... the great uninsured / underinsured coverage they talked me into never kicked in...i dunno if it was because same company or what but i never got nuttin from it.... he had state minimum liability insurance.. state minimum at that time (i'm not sure if it's went up since then or not) only pays a max of 12,500.. my first night in icu ate up 10,000....so always get full coverage... i only had liability and the uninsured underinsured coverage because 9 times outa ten its the other guy hitting the bike...but i now know if thier insurance sucks so will all the bills