The bike will live on!!

Wheezle

Alright I just got off the phone with the insurance company and they low balled me an offer of $808.00 to keep the bike. I said hell yeah I'll keep it for that. So the bike will be getting rebuilt this winter into a mean lil machine. I will say this it will only look a little like it does now. :D I will post pics as I do the build and let you guys see the magic come to life.

After I buy the bike I am still getting $6,000 dollars and that's after the deductible.

Alright I just got off the phone with the insurance company and they low balled me an offer of $808.00 to keep the bike. I said hell yeah I'll keep it for that. So the bike will be getting rebuilt this winter into a mean lil machine. I will say this it will only look a little like it does now. :D I will post pics as I do the build and let you guys see the magic come to life.

After I buy the bike I am still getting $6,000 dollars and that's after the deductible.

Good for you!

Your insurance had to cover it?

try to keep the insurance co from putting a salvage title on that thing. usually you can avoid it when you buy it back, but sometimes you can't.

not that you're gonna ever sell it, but it definitely adds to the value.

Doing a lil better and mild use of both hands. I cant really do much except look goofy. I do need to not try to do so much cause I can feel it when I do and that is not cool.

Sounds good!!! You only need a finger and a thumb......and looking goofy should be NO work at all!!! Glad hear you sounding better.

For now yes they will get reimbursed from the other parties insurance.

Make sure that they don't have it counting against you as a claim. My wife got ran into about a year ago, we fought with THEIR insurance company, and they wanted to total it, would have been less than what was owed on it, so we went to her insurance company, got it fixed, just under totaled, they got their money back, deductible refunded, all was good.

Fast forward about 6 months, for cost issues, and since we had married in Dec., I switched her to my Progressive policy. About a month after that our rate went up, due to this not-at-fault accident. We still haven't gotten this straightened out, they go through some reporting agency, or something like that and we have to get it fixed with them, which is a pain the ass.

Just something to watch out for!