What to do with the $500 raised at the meet & greet?

Casper

I may be able to get some discounted or possibly free studio time for a TV commercial. I work for Insight and they have a studio for filming commercials. Let me know if you are interested and I'll start making some calls.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if the AMA, ABATE, and others don't already have a slew of PSA ads.

Perhaps we could get an ad that is already set up for radio airplay?

Just a thought, that and a click or two, I found this at the AMA site:

Public Service Announcements

More audio, video and print PSAs at www.ridestraight.org

Guidelines

Using material from this site

That is all!

I don't think $500 will do much for advertising. I think the biggest think this site does for bikers is properly encourage wearing gear. That will save more lives then a 30 second spot on the radio.

Use the money for banners for cleveland, cincy and dayton. I cant believe how many member we have in those areas without even trying. I know that the site has a lot of people that are willing to help out with tools when someone is in need, but how about saving for a trailer and putting a giant ohioriders sticker on it and renting it out for a low fee.

The news came to the event for free so I think letting them know about an event and having a specific cause and they will give free advertising

That's a good idea too. I'd thought about the trailer thing before. Insurance would rape me if I did it legitimately.

$500???? Banners to use again and again, a sign permantley mounted to a business or vehicle. or adopt a family for christmas... it's one of the few charities you see a direct result from....

I'll pitch in more money to see MaxP wave a sign in a speedo though.

Wow a whole month....that's pathetic, people need to be aware all the time. Granted May is around the time when we start see Motorcyclists coming out but it needs to be a year round thing.

You know a few weeks back I rode my bike to work using I-70 from Pataskala to Hamilton road. My neighbor followed me in her mustang the entire way and wouldn't let anyone get in between us. It was actually pretty cool of her. I thanked her that night. At least some people watch for bikes.

I also like the radio idea...

I know that's usually what i'm doing when i'm in the car...

something simple, maybe a "take a second look" campaign?

about to change lanes? take a second look

about to cross an intersection? take a second look

something along those lines.

+1

Roman orgy with farm animals :dunno:

I used to DJ at the college radio station up here. While we couldn't technically run "commercials", we did air "sponsorship" ads, which were reasonably priced for small business participation, and that we would produce for them

I'm assuming OSU has a radio station. What about Capital, Franklin, & any others I may not know of? I know the older demographic probably don't listen to those channels, but you could perhaps cost effectively reach the 18-25 y/o segment

I think you can donate at a certain level and get a spot on NPR, as well.

I loooove me some NPR

Get stickers made up that we can carry around on our bikes and slap on the windows of cages as were going down the road; from the inside of the car they could read:

"Look Twice Save a Life

B/c I bet you did see me coming"

;)

Get stickers made up that we can carry around on our bikes and slap on the windows of cages as were going down the road; from the inside of the car they could read:

"Look Twice Save a Life

B/c I bet you did see me coming"

;)

that can be considered vandilism.

Find out intersections where riders have recently been killed, and put up signs near them that say like "A motorcyclist was hit by a car and killed at this intersection this past [insert month of death]. Help ensure it never happens again, please watch out for motorcycles."

Kinda morbid, but it gets the point across. I'm a little under the influence, so correct the grammar as needed :p

Find out intersections where riders have recently been killed, and put up signs near them that say like "A motorcyclist was hit by a car and killed at this intersection this past [insert month of death]. Help ensure it never happens again, please watch out for motorcycles."

Kinda morbid, but it gets the point across. I'm a little under the influence, so correct the grammar as needed :p

harb i like this idea. if we dont have enough to do radio i like this idea.