CCW Application Process Times and Review

Likwid

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went on Wednesday (8/19) to Lorain County.

Scheduled for a 2PM appt (must schedule to submit application). I was done by 2:05.

The next appt was at 3PM (which coincidentally was my g/f - so I waited w/ her)... they wouldn't take her paperwork or process her until the 3PM shift change.

We were there until 3:30PM because by the time they got around to processing hers, some other people had gotten in line.

Funny thing is... they ONLY do the application, fingerprinting, and take your money in the appt. They call you back to come get your picture ID taken, but that's walk-in, no appt necessary. Some guys were there doing that - took them about 45mins each as well and had waited about 2 weeks to process.

We'll see if I get a callback here shortly.

By all means, rail away... I'd like some input from people who've actually fired them. I can't find anything but good reviews on them online, which is strange - because I specifically look for the bad. I'm looking for the best .45 CCW I can get for no more than $500-ish

Taurus will do you nicely. I love mine.

(I've got a PT99 though, full-frame ftw).

• 4 weeks later...

Lorain County Sheriffs called on Friday (9/11) which was about 3 weeks after my g/f and I scheduled our appts to get our applications processed.

We finally went in today (I took a 1/2 day off this afternoon). Took about an hour for us to wait both our turns and get our IDs.

So, we're both CCW holders now. The overall review of the process for Lorain County is a 'meh' - I'd give it a 'C' for average. I was not impressed nor appalled at the process from this county.

Stark county took about two weeks. It's a bit of a pain they have one officer in a tiny office. They called and then sent me a letter because we kept playing phone tag to pick mine up. You have to make a appointment to apply then just go and pick it up when they call you during the proper hours.

Stark county is by appointment only. Monday thru Friday 7am to 3pm

Cost is $55

Payment by money order, cashiers check or certified bank check made payable to the Stark County Treasurer.

No cash (cause you can't trust the law man), business checks or personal checks accepted

You will need to take a copy of your certification from your CCW course and a wallet sized picture of your face.

For appointments call 330-451-1383