Saturday 8/15 Ride up OH-164

Hailwood

*Updated with time and location*

Time: Meet around 10:00 AM, Leave by 10:30.

Map of DQ

Really looking forward to seeing everyone!

*Updated with time and location*

Looks like the weather is shaping up to be great this weekend, so I wanted to gauge interest in getting a group ride together.

This won't be a 400 mile all-day thing, probably 3~3.5 hours from start to finish, starting down in Bolivar and heading up to OH-164 and ending in East Canton.

Pace is whatever you are comfortable with, but I tend to keep the speeds reasonable on the straights (70ish in a 55) and whatever I'm brave enough to try through the corners. I like to keep groups together, and don't mind sitting behind cars for a few miles to avoid having to make risky passes.

I'd like to start a little earlier (9:00~10:00 AM), but if there are multiple folks from Cleveland interested, I'd certainly be open to delaying a little.

Anyway, if the weather forecast stays nice, I'm going to be going no matter what. Let me know if you are interested, and we can work out the details.

Edited by Hailwood
Time/Place

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, I wish I could do this, I haven't had many good rides this year, mostly just to work and back. But my wife is making me go to Cedar point on Saturday. I enjoy 164, I've traveled it many times on my way to Bergholz & Amsterdam for 4-wheeling.

Oh man..just what the doctor ordered! The 15th is my bday, and I can't think of a better way to celebrate than to kill my tires!!

The length is perfect..I'd like to be back in Lorain by 4. I have somewhere to be at 5.

So, I'm cool with the early start time.

This won't be a 400 mile all-day thing, probably 3~3.5 hours from start to finish, starting down in Bolivar and heading up to OH-164 and ending in East Canton.

I'll be on the CORE ride that Fox Racing Guy mentioned on Saturday otherwise I'd hook up with you in Bolivar.

However, if you get a chance while you are in the area take a little detour on OH-664 between OH-9 and New Rumley - it was freshly paved in the last few weeks - the surface is pristine and firm for about 5 miles. Very nice. The stretch from New Rumley to Scio is older but in good shape both directions.

Oh man..just what the doctor ordered! The 15th is my bday, and I can't think of a better way to celebrate than to kill my tires!!

The length is perfect..I'd like to be back in Lorain by 4. I have somewhere to be at 5.

So, I'm cool with the early start time.

I think I may be game for this. I have some painting to do int he living room, and that lentgh of break is perfect between coats. Will get up early and throw one up and ride while it dries.

Sounds like we've got a decent ride shaping up & the weather is looking perfect.

Let's meet at the DQ in Bolivar @ exit 93 off I-77 at around 9:00 and plan on heading out no later than 9:30.

I should be on the Speed Triple, but it's been running a little weird lately, so I might bring the FZ instead.

I may be up for a ride with you guys. I was thinking about riding over to the Allegheny National Forest for the afternoon, But not sure I want to spend 10 hours in the saddle.

INYA and other Lorain county guys.... Are you meeting up somewhere around here to group ride down together?

I may be up for a ride with you guys. I was thinking about riding over to the Allegheny National Forest for the afternoon, But not sure I want to spend 10 hours in the saddle.

INYA and other Lorain county guys.... Are you meeting up somewhere around here to group ride down together?

I'd say that makes sense.

Hailwood, can you give us the address for the DQ? Google is saying 2 hrs 22 mins coming down 77. Did it take us that long last time? Is that the same exit?

Ouch ..that makes it an early friggin start on our end.

NE Ohio...chime in so we know where to set a meet point at. No sense in anyone coming west towards me.

Id like to put my vote in for an hour (or two) extension to the meet time. :)

FYI, I might be bringing a beginner female rider. She hasn't been on any group rides, and she won't be keeping up in the corners, but she's game to come. I think.

Edited by InyaAzz

I'd say that makes sense.

Hailwood, can you give us the address for the DQ? Google is saying 2 hrs 22 mins coming down 77. Did it take us that long last time? Is that the same exit?

Ouch ..that makes it an early friggin start on our end.

NE Ohio...chime in so we know where to set a meet point at. No sense in anyone coming west towards me.

It's at the corner of I-77 and OH-212 off exit 93.

I have no problems starting a little later to give you guys time to make it down.

How about 10:00 AM meet, shoot for 10:30 start?

Ok. We should leave CLE at 8 then..that means me leaving Lorain before 7:30.

I'm still waiting for the other CLE folks to chime in.

EDIT: Looks like only RVT and KTM are a go so far. Why don't we meet at QSL in Shefftucky ? Does anyone have anything against hitting the turnpike to 77? It will cut 30 mins off our trip.

If we take the turnpike, meet time 7:45, kickstands up at 8:00. If we go all the way over to 77 via 90, meet time 7:15, kickstands up at 7:30.

Edited by InyaAzz

I am game with leaving C-town around 8, and appreciate you guys pushing the start time ahead a little.

@Inya - Is your couterpart heading out with you, or meeting somewhere? If she's meeting you somewhere east of you, I will meet you two there. If she's right by you, then depending on who else comes out, you can meet me at my place and we can grab the turnpike in Ridgetucky. Thoughts?

I am game with leaving C-town around 8, and appreciate you guys pushing the start time ahead a little.

@Inya - Is your couterpart heading out with you, or meeting somewhere? If she's meeting you somewhere east of you, I will meet you two there. If she's right by you, then depending on who else comes out, you can meet me at my place and we can grab the turnpike in Ridgetucky. Thoughts?

She's coming with me...doesn't live far from me.

I have one more possible...but he won't know until later tonight. He's also near me. I can bring the Lorain crew to North Ridgeville, but we'll have to meet earlier.

Can I put in my order for a second female rider.... Or perhanps even a female passenger;) My Nine-Fiddy has a real comfy rear seat:D
^lulz

If I had one to spare, I would! there's always redridinghood.

If I don't show up then it means female passenger order did not go through....:lol: