what to do

rick37

Our family Bulldog is getting old(12yrs)I know he is about to pass away, The entire family is very attached to him and its going to suck when we have to make that decision he is like one of my children(he acts like a big baby). I am just curious what everyone would do if this was the beloved pet.

cremate and preserve the ashes

actually get a grave plot

or let the vet take care of everything and that be the end

Sorry if I sound like a wuss but this dog really is part of the family and I really am going to hate to have that ugly decision.

We went through the same thing with our dog when I was in High School and he was about 15 years old. My mom ended up going the cremating route and bought a doggie vase to bring with us since she knew we were moving,

Sorry for your loss man, it really sucks

IMO I would just let the vet take care of it. Yes, it sucks but having a constant reminder (ashes) in the house may make it harder on the kids. However i dont know how old they are so... Let the vet take care of it and get a new dog to mend the wounds, cause life isnt worth living without a dog at home. They are DEFF mans best friend.