Rear ended today

Kahooli

I was rear ended today while stopped behind traffic.

I'm sorta not happy.

-

Yes I'm physically fine, I ended up with my @$$ on his hood. just sort of dazed thinking, wtf happened?

Visible damage to the bike is small, slightly dented rim, knocked rear tire out of alignment, bent brake pedal, scraped bar end, cracked upper fairing.

Edited by Kahooli
short first post

Hope you're ok dude, probably be sore tomorrow. I hope you swapped info, bike could easily be totalled given the year.

\Of course we did. Was a young kid on his way to school. It actually happened right next to his school so teachers were walking over to help me out. There were about 30 witnesses :p We'll see how it goes with his insurance adjuster.

Glad to hear you're ok.

When I stop behind someone, I tend to be off to one side or the other, so if I am rear ended I won't be crushed into the car in front of me. If I do see them coming up quick then all I have to do is go straight forward and hopefully they hit the car and I'll be a bit protected. Does this make sense to anyone else?

Glad to hear you're ok.

When I stop behind someone, I tend to be off to one side or the other, so if I am rear ended at won't be crushed into the car infront of me. If I do see them coming up quick then all I have to do is go straight forward and hopefully they hit the car and I'll be a lil protected. Does this make sense to anyone else?

Sure does, I try to flash the brakes if I see someone coming up behind me. Don't usually angle but that's not a bad idea.

Sure does, I try to flash the brakes if I see someone coming up behind me. Don't usually angle but that's not a bad idea.

Thats why I like my brake modulator. It flashes like 3 times, then steady for a couple seconds then repeats until I release the brake.I don't like the ones that flash then stay constant. I figure if it keeps flashing, they have a better chance of seeing me.

Thats why I like my brake modulator. It flashes like 3 times, then steady for a couple seconds then repeats until I release the brake.I don't like the ones that flash then stay constant. I figure if it keeps flashing, they have a better chance of seeing me.

The other type, all you have to do is let off and re-apply to start a flash sequence again. The one I was looking at wouldn't start the entire sequence, but give a few few flashes, unless a certain time had passed.

The other type, all you have to do is let off and re-apply to start a flash sequence again. The one I was looking at wouldn't start the entire sequence, but give a few few flashes, unless a certain time had passed.

Eh, I like KISS. Dont want to have to worry about it. And plus you cant beat like $15

Eh, I like KISS. Dont want to have to worry about it. And plus you cant beat like $15

I wanna get the spinners! Not really lol

Only reason I don't like the modulators is I find the flashing really annoying when I see them on other bikes. I'm sure my opinion would change if I got rear ended.

Where'd you get one for $15? I'm looking at one called the "BackOff XP" for around $35, it does either pattern depending on how you wire it.