Need Recommendatiosn for Tires

DTM Brian

I need to get a couple of tires for my Gixxer 1000. This is the first time I am buying tires so I am looking for guidance. I dont hug the turns and have pretty mild riding habits with the exception of some roll racing here and there. What kind of money should I expect to spend. I think I have a 200 mm tire on the back now and I am told a 190 is stock. All info is appreciated.

http://www.avonmotorcycle.com/us/en/Pro ... &SubCat=12

The Avon AV59 for the front, and the Avon AV60 for the rear. These tires came highly recommended to me by Eric (nether93) and several other guys. I rode my buddy's gixxer 750 that had these tires. Holy fucking amazing. And the best thing, they come with a FREE road hazard warranty. Yes, FREE. Iron Pony sells them and keeps them in stock.

if you really dont get that aggressive then yea. I personally am a Pirelli man through and through. I have takeoffs for 120/70/17 fronts and 160/60/17 rears. i know the rear wont work but if the front does then you could just get a rear to go with it. these are the Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa Pro DOT race tires, supersoft front and medium rear.

• 1 month later...