NE Riders going to the Meet and Greet

Vulcan_Rider

I never pictured Jinx as a M&G kinda guy, but he does show up to QSL Sheffield sometimes - and it might be a good career move for him to come along and bullshit with us NE'ers (plus the food is decent). There's really no NE dealer presence on the board aside from Ohio Motorcycle, and they're on the East side.

We wouldn't meet them at IP (I don't even know where that is, but I'm assuming it's outta the way). Last time I went, I rode 83 to Millersburg and then 62 (I think?) straight into CBus... I'd like to find a better route this time, even if it means taking a little longer to get a semi-fun ride in before.

Depending on the route will determine whether I'm on the 'busa or the SV... if I can score some twisties then the SV will pull ride duty, if we're slabbing it the 'busa will be my steed.

Keep working on Jinx to get him to come along. Hell, even if we meet up with some of the cruiser guys, maybe after we go on a 'good ride' Jinx can sell them some sportbikes before the seasons' over. :)

I'll send him a txt on Saturday to remind him about Cbus too.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depending on the route will determine whether I'm on the 'busa or the SV... if I can score some twisties then the SV will pull ride duty, if we're slabbing it the 'busa will be my steed.

Approximate speed? I'm definitely down for bringing up the back on 2 wheels but I don't want to bring the average speed down :) If VR ends up going as well then it'll be no biggie since we're both slow and wide.

if i go i'll be slowing pace as well once you hit this area.

definitely cool, if the weather looks perfect then I'll have more room in the saddlebags, I try to save a full bag for poor weather gear...

I think this settles it, I'll be riding. Gonna go make sure I can fit all the freebies in the saddlebags :) If not I may need one of the cruiser folks to come up/swing by my house so we can load them up....

Have we settled on a meeting place yet? Boston Mills is a good place and allows for Riverview Road... what do you Westside folks think?

I'd rather meet south (as you guys are heading west) as opposed to driving east to head southwest again. That's why the meet spot was Millersburg last time. Due south for me, and the Eastsiders + Akron/Canton guys were headed southwest through there. Unless you guys want to head due west (like where we met for the Hog Poker Run, Matt)? Not gonna help the Akron/Canton guys since it's well north for them, but you could meet up with Doom (+crew) since he lives right near me, so I'd probably grab him and crew at our meetspot locally here, then figure out where to grab you other cruiser guys.

I'd rather meet south (as you guys are heading west) as opposed to driving east to head southwest again. That's why the meet spot was Millersburg last time. Due south for me, and the Eastsiders + Akron/Canton guys were headed southwest through there. Unless you guys want to head due west (like where we met for the Hog Poker Run, Matt)? Not gonna help the Akron/Canton guys since it's well north for them, but you could meet up with Doom (+crew) since he lives right near me, so I'd probably grab him and crew at our meetspot locally here, then figure out where to grab you other cruiser guys.

Oh yah that works, I didn't know you guys had a spot already. Millersburg works out decently, puts me right around halfway so that's a good spot to get gas. Plus anyone from the eastside can meet me ahead of Millersburg.

Jesus, Google says this is 400 miles roundtrip... I r such a pussy

Cool a good plan is taking shape....

My zx14 friend is definitely coming, he lives in Creston which is few miles south of Medina. Good place for him to meet us would be at the Pilot gas station at 83 and 71S in Lodi , which is right on the way to Millsburg.

One thing we have not discussed is time frame....what time you guys are looking to meet ?

I'll bug Greg again about Cbus. Although I think he might be tempted to go with the Ducati people.

As he was stuffing one of the several burgers in his face, he was keep repeating, between bites, the Italian words that I thought him, so that he can challenge the Ducati Old fart to a street race.....

Dear god... I hope I don't sound that terrible speaking English as he does speaking Italian :lol:. He sounded kinda retarded trying to speak dego with the mouth full........jusk kidding Greg...I still love you:sex:.

Few other people from NEO on other threads showed interest in going to M&G.

Would be excellent if we can corral all the sheep and go down there as a flock.

Few other people from NEO on other threads showed interest in going to M&G.

Would be excellent if we can corral all the sheep and go down there as a flock.

We definitely need to arrive together with everyone watching! Gotta represent NEO ... unless it only ends up being a few of us, then I never saw you.

Well, whatever you guys want... I know 83 is the most convieniet place to pick up people as it's due south for us and everyone can meet us along 83... SOMEWHERE, be it at 71 or 62 or whereever. But, I'm not suggesting we take 62 into Cbus again - the ride across town sucked. I'd almost want to take 83 all the way down to Coshocton to hit some curves in the AM prior to heading west into Cbus.

Proposed Route 1 (Ride 666): 174 miles claiming 5h 2m

Advantages: Lots of twisties, new road experience (666)

Disadvantages: Would need to leave ample time for picking up people, waiting on the slower paced guys, would probably require someone with a GPS once we get to the Conesville/Dresden area (just in case - and I don't have one), would have to leave around 7AM from my house to be on time everywhere else.

Proposed Route #2 (Ride 79): 161 miles claiming 4h 29m

Advantages: All state routes (harder to get lost), twisties, slightly shorter, new road experience (Rt 79), would be able to leave home around 8AM to pick everyone up.

Disadvantages: Would need to leave ample time for picking up people, waiting on the slower paced guys, Slight backtracking back north out of Coshocton, still longer than a direct route (but what fun is that?).

I have Google Maps of both routes if you want to look at them, I just didn't want to post them publicly, PM me. Once we get near Columbus, there is a few miles on the freeway (270 to 71) just to avoid the surface streets and stoplights and my bike temp going up to 230*F again.

The key to any and all of this to work out time-wise is for everyone to be ON TIME. If I go direct from Rt 83/82 meetspot, I can be in Millersburg in just about an hour (per last M&G). Again, this all depends on peoples paces and punctuality. Which is how I ended up in Millersburg last time, waiting for about 2 hours (between me leaving early and my group showing up slightly late).

I was at the M&G from like 2PM until 5:30PM last time. My preference is to get there around 12:30 and stay until 4ish (the crowd thins out around 4:30ish) that should put me home just before 6 (assuming we just slab it home on SR-71 - no "fun" on the way home)... but getting home before dusk would be a good thing.

Those are my suggestions - take a little morning "fun ride/scenic route" to the M&G, visit w/ folks, get food, then slab it on the way home - most people will just ride SR-71 until their exit and then part from the group.

Those are my thoughts... anyone else? If someone else wants to lead, that'd be great too. I can, but I'm not Uncle Punk or Jinx -good.

You might want to scratch the 666 option since the last time I was down there it was closed. It might be open now check with the locals.

Fabio, you made Kathy’s night by telling her that she hadn’t aged since the last time you had seen her. Wasn't that like you telling Jinx that he hadn't aged so well?

justin i will prob go you talking about meeting up at the circle k

Well, whatever you guys want... I know 83 is the most convieniet place to pick up people as it's due south for us and everyone can meet us along 83... SOMEWHERE, be it at 71 or 62 or whereever. But, I'm not suggesting we take 62 into Cbus again - the ride across town sucked. I'd almost want to take 83 all the way down to Coshocton to hit some curves in the AM prior to heading west into Cbus.

Proposed Route 1 (Ride 666): 174 miles claiming 5h 2m

Advantages: Lots of twisties, new road experience (666)

Disadvantages: Would need to leave ample time for picking up people, waiting on the slower paced guys, would probably require someone with a GPS once we get to the Conesville/Dresden area (just in case - and I don't have one), would have to leave around 7AM from my house to be on time everywhere else.

Proposed Route #2 (Ride 79): 161 miles claiming 4h 29m

Advantages: All state routes (harder to get lost), twisties, slightly shorter, new road experience (Rt 79), would be able to leave home around 8AM to pick everyone up.

Disadvantages: Would need to leave ample time for picking up people, waiting on the slower paced guys, Slight backtracking back north out of Coshocton, still longer than a direct route (but what fun is that?).

I have Google Maps of both routes if you want to look at them, I just didn't want to post them publicly, PM me. Once we get near Columbus, there is a few miles on the freeway (270 to 71) just to avoid the surface streets and stoplights and my bike temp going up to 230*F again.

The key to any and all of this to work out time-wise is for everyone to be ON TIME. If I go direct from Rt 83/82 meetspot, I can be in Millersburg in just about an hour (per last M&G). Again, this all depends on peoples paces and punctuality. Which is how I ended up in Millersburg last time, waiting for about 2 hours (between me leaving early and my group showing up slightly late).

I was at the M&G from like 2PM until 5:30PM last time. My preference is to get there around 12:30 and stay until 4ish (the crowd thins out around 4:30ish) that should put me home just before 6 (assuming we just slab it home on SR-71 - no "fun" on the way home)... but getting home before dusk would be a good thing.

Those are my suggestions - take a little morning "fun ride/scenic route" to the M&G, visit w/ folks, get food, then slab it on the way home - most people will just ride SR-71 until their exit and then part from the group.

Those are my thoughts... anyone else? If someone else wants to lead, that'd be great too. I can, but I'm not Uncle Punk or Jinx -good.

seem alot more guys are coming from NEO this time... damn it... i have to try and make this.

seems like creep and i are the only ones from Canton. i'll have to see what i can do ito make this.

There is only do and do not, no try. :) That nerdy part being said. Your ass WILL be there. If that means I need to ride down to Canton to get you so be it. :)

The Circle K on 83 is close for me so I'm going to meet there :)