NE Riders going to the Meet and Greet

Vulcan_Rider

I am thinking about going also. I live in Brunswick, where and what time do you think I should meet you guys?

I think you better meet us at the Circle K gas station at 82 and 83. It's a little north from you once you hit 83. Maybe 5 min...top ! So we can all leave together, and one less stop to do.

Also Justin...I think your #2 route plan looks better. I think state route are a bit more friendly for everyone and like you said less chance to get lost.

If we leave at 8 am, are we going to be in Cbus before or after the noon opening time ?

Also I like the idea of cannon balling back on I-71 so that everyone can peel off at their exit and no chance of getting lost.

If 8 AM is the meeting time at Circle K , I'll try to see if my friend with the Zx14 can meet us earlier in Lodi. He has some morning bullshit to take care of, and maybe he can reschedule it.

So let's pencil in 8am as a tentative start and see what everyone thinks about it.....

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "WTF" effect can go both ways......If we show up with a good size group, than they might say....wow that was a cool group ride from NEO....

If we show up like 2 of us , than they might say ...WTF is that lame ass group ride from NEO all about...

I definitely hope we go for the first impression.....:D

The "WTF" effect can go both ways......If we show up with a good size group, than they might say....wow that was a cool group ride from NEO....

If we show up like 2 of us , than they might say ...WTF is that lame ass group ride from NEO all about...

I definitely hope we go for the first impression.....:D

yah like i said, if we're shaking the streats we're good.... if it's 2 other people I'll pretend I don't know you :)

Seems like there is a consensus.

8AM @ Circle K, be gassed up and ready to roll, we hit the road at 8:10 sharp. We shoot to Lodi for stop one, should be around 25-30 minutes after we leave. So Lodi around 8:30... have your buddy meet us on the SOUTH WEST SIDE of the SR-71 exit, more towards Congress so we has one less person to have to attempt to get across the highway with the traffic there. I think there's a Duke or BP station - and if he's on the west side of the intersection we can pull in and all leave via a right-turn instead of trying to cross both lanes.

Stop #1: Lodi = 8:30AM. This will NOT be a gas stop.

Stop #2: Millersburg = 9:15-9:25AM. This will be a gas stop - what station? I dunno. Whatever one is along Rt 83 in Millersburg near the town square.

It's 104 miles to the pig iron BBQ after that. This should give the cruiser guys a chance to top off in Millersburg. The SV has 160 mile range, so I'll be fine to get to the BBQ, but as we get closer to Cbus (once we get off of Rt. 79) the cruisers can lead and we can stop at a gas station on the east side of Columbus (Newark/Granville area) if people are worried about mileage.

Hopefully the stops in Lodi and Millersburg will be enough to account for everyone that wants to caravan in to this shindig.

Also, I'll give the UP-speech on here and repeat it for the guys on Sunday @ Circle K, but please ride your own ride. Do not ride over your head trying to showboat or keep up with the faster guys (this probably isn't too important until we get south of Millersburg). Depending on the size of the group, we will be stopping and accounting for everyone at each turn and each Stopping Point (A,B,C, & Iron Pig). It'd also be wise to have at least one other buddy (or 2 or 5) that you can contact via cell or can contact you if you get lost or split from the group.

The general plan is that we could probably regroup before we get on 270 or near our gas stop between Newark and Iron Pig BBQ, then we can spend the last 20 or so miles riding in a group with everyone allowing us to roll in as a group.

I've marked the stops on this map (A,B,C).

I think this should give us a general direction for planning this thing.

I think I got my route to Circle K figured out, let me know if anyone near me wants to meet ~6:45 to leave for Circle K. FYI Scarlet has a 100 mile range, so yah, I'll need to stop :)

See you guys at 8 am at Circle K

Edited by Likwid

Hopefully noone has to be worried about pace, I didn't think you guys wanted to average 130 :) But I appreciate the "ride your own pace"

I'll be at Circle K before 8. UP is it 82 that's closed or 10? I was going to jump on 82 and ride it straight over to 83

8 am I am there ......You should be OK if you come west on 82. North of 82 on 83 is where president Obama is spending some money so the street is closed.

Justin, as of right now my friend is still tangled up is some shit in the morning.

If he does not make it tomorrow , I think we don't have to stop to Lodi unless we have someone else to pick up.

Keep bugging Greg.... He says he's not interested because he wants to "ride only " tomorrow.

I thought we were meeting at Circle K with our bikes and not with our cages....and we are riding to Cbus which is around 350 miles round trip.

I wonder what he means by riding ony...

I haven't sent Greg a message yet, but I figured he may have liked to ride with us at least until Rt 79/Rt 16... then he can break off and go find 555, 666, 669 or wherever he wants to go.

Who said anything about cages?

what I meant is, he makes it sound like (sarcastically) that we are not riding bikes down to Cbus, therefore he wants to go riding with the Ducati guy.

That's a good suggestion you have for him to ride with us and break off .

Hell.... he could make down to M&G, and than leave after a quick snack.

Or we can all keep on riding after the stop at M&G and than make our way back up north.