Got hit by a van today.

Mr Anderson

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Updates soon as possible.

Hopefully you went to the check up and there were no issues!

Glad you are doing pretty well.

Maybe NightRider can get us an update, he was going to take him to the hospital if the dispatcher didn't think an ambulance was appropriate.

Night?

Damn, just saw this thread. Good on Nightrider to take you, I would have been all over that as well. Hope you heal up quick Erick, you probably won't feel like riding for a while so if you need some transportation to the Thursday night shenanigans I'll be happy to take the car instead of the bike. Since you shouldn't be found at fault here, this solves you problem of getting rid of the 'Stang and buying a new bike all at the same time.

Look at it this way, chicks dig scars. :)

Update: Just got back! lol. Erick and i left the hospital about 4:45 am this morning. They gave him a muscle relaxer, and i believe a pain killer, which he needs to take every 8 hrs. Emotionally, Erick seemed to be fine...laughing, talking, smiling. Although he did tell me he was still shook up, and i'm sure in the next couple of days he will need those pain killer's and muscle relaxer's. He was told to take a few days off work, and rest. So, thankfully no internal injuries...or anything of that nature.

For what it's worth, for anyone who hasn't met Erick yet. Erick was very easy to talk too and very appreciative. I had alot of fun talking to him about all the Or Shannigans. He's one of the good guys and i'm more than happy i could help a guy like him.

Rest up and get well soon man. We gotta go for a ride soon.

Also. The reason i just got back is....on 161 west...trying to find a gas station...i ran out of gas. LOL. In a hurry, i forgot to get gas before i left. Ended up walking about 8 miles, to the Giant Eagle gas station. Which, when i get there the pumps and cash registers were down. They were giving away free coffee and fountain drinks, and i got a free 20$ gas can!

All in all, fun night! I'm just glad Erick is ok. I'm going to bed.:D

Update: Just got back! lol. Erick and i left the hospital about 4:45 am this morning. They gave him a muscle relaxer, and i believe a pain killer, which he needs to take every 8 hrs. Emotionally, Erick seemed to be fine...laughing, talking, smiling. Although he did tell me he was still shook up, and i'm sure in the next couple of days he will need those pain killer's and muscle relaxer's. He was told to take a few days off work, and rest. So, thankfully no internal injuries...or anything of that nature.

For what it's worth, for anyone who hasn't met Erick yet. Erick was very easy to talk too and very appreciative. I had alot of fun talking to him about all the Or Shannigans. He's one of the good guys and i'm more than happy i could help a guy like him.

Rest up and get well soon man. We gotta go for a ride soon.

Also. The reason i just got back is....on 161 west...trying to find a gas station...i ran out of gas. LOL. In a hurry, i forgot to get gas before i left. Ended up walking about 8 miles, to the Giant Eagle gas station. Which, when i get there the pumps and cash registers were down. They were giving away free coffee and fountain drinks, and i got a free 20$ gas can!

Thanks for the update! Sucks about running out of gas! Glad you took him and it turned out ok. You're a good friend

Major kudos to you. Erick get well soon buddy, we'll talk to you soon.

Ok, now that we've had the good news...

Neo wanted to get rid of that car and get a new 600 anyways!

so funny you said that, as I was reading I kept thinking "looks like he's going to get that 600 sooner than he thought"

Glad to hear you're okay man, hope everything works out with the insurance.

Sorry about your misfortune mayne. Glad that you were not seriously injured. Just rest up.

+1 on all that was said on also filing a police report, and saving all receipts for ANY purchases related to this accident. Hell, if you had to buy food while at the ER (because you weren't at home to eat your own food... Save that receipt too). I went through this process with a friend who was seriously injured by a drunk driver whilst on his bike (Nukcrash 69). We spent hours going through all of his financial records preparing for his case... Its good to be prepared.

If you would like for me to go to the Yamaha Dealership with you once the insurance company cuts you that check for the GT let me know...

oh yeah...get well soon. lol

Yamaha dealership? I heard he was buying Dubguy's 1098!

;)

Update: Just got back! lol. Erick and i left the hospital about 4:45 am this morning. They gave him a muscle relaxer, and i believe a pain killer, which he needs to take every 8 hrs.

Also. The reason i just got back is....on 161 west...trying to find a gas station...i ran out of gas.

Good on ya for lending him some needed help. Sorry to hear you ran into trouble with the fuel guage. ;)

holy ish dude. I saw the van that hit you but no mustang...this was around 4:45 yesterday.

glad you weren't on the bike but you gotta keep your head on a swivel when driving around chase parking garages. so many dumb fat fvcks trying to get their fatasses home or to lunch and don't care to look before pulling out :mad:

Good on ya for lending him some needed help. Sorry to hear you ran into trouble with the fuel guage. ;)

Haha, not a problem. The walk actually wasn't that bad. Just a little cold. Semi's throwing wind at 60+ mph. The car is a pontiac, so the gas gauge on these car's are notorious for floating. Mine does quite a bit, but really it couldn't have made it like 5 more min? lol. Arrr.

Oh well, like i said i'm just glad Erick is ok. Couldn't meet a cooler/nicer guy.

Thanks everyone for the info. Thank you Nightrider for the ride there. Sorry to hear you ran out of gas but I took the pain killers and was knocked out and tired all day. The insurance guy called me and set me up with a Kia rent a car from Enterprise. They picked me up at noon and then I took the car back home. Good news the medical adjustor called and they are paying for my ER visit. They are also paying for the day and half off of work I missed. He is stopping by my house to give me the check. It was $800 and that is a lot since I only thought I was going to get maybe $400. They asked if I wanted more money but I said no since I felt bad they were giving me twice as much.

The insurance guy said not to file a police report and that they would handle everything. The chase security filed a report and had my witness do a report as well. I got a copy of it and the insurance guy got it as well. He said since on private property they take the report as official since both parties sign it.

The claim adjustor is guying to check out my stang tomorrow and let me know If they will write me a check or they will have it fixed.

Bad news -- My car is not paid off and if the amount is not $14000 then I will be in a bind. I am going to talk to the insurance guy and if it is totaled have them give me the amount I owe the bank. It seems fair of me to ask for that much since the accident happened. So I will not be making any money off of this and hopefully they give me the full amount I owe the bank for the car.

Good news. This means if it is totaled then I can get a cheap car and buy another motorcycle. I'm going to get a car that my insurance will be cheap so no more sports car for me.

Edited by Mr Anderson