Got hit by a van today.

Mr Anderson

Should I get checked out now. If so I can give anyone my address and location. To be honest my mom does not want to take me and I don't want to go by myself. That is why I was not going to go the hospital.

I would seriously have, but I just took Ambien.

For private property police are definitely able to cite for extreme cases, but they will do a police report, it's their job.

To be completely honest bro, if you have a "major headache" AND neck pain, I'd go now just to be safe. You can call 911 or the non-emergency number. "I was in an accident earlier and my head has was hurting but it's gotten progressively worse.. I don't have a car and I'm afraid I need to go to the hospital"

If you have health insurance there's probably no reason not to call 911

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez man...little cold from your mom huh? Did you want to go tonight or tomorrow? I'm not really doing anything tonight...and just had plans to ride tomorrow. Let me know bud, i'll stay out there with you as long as needed.

I was not sure I mean. If I need to go tonight then I am ready to go now but Since it was a low speed hit I am not sure. I don't want to wake up in pain from my head injuries. I am no expert but my car thought I was in danger and deployed the air bags. This lady did not hit the brakes at all as there were no skid marks.

I'm reading the CPD traffic crash investigations procedures, and it says CPD has to make a report on any accident that requires a tow truck for a vehicle.

Yes it says not on private property, but the above is one of the many exceptions.

http://www.columbuspolice.org/Services/Services.html#What%20do%20I%20do%20if%20I'm%20in%20an%20accident?

What if the police are not taking accident reports at the scene? In some circumstances, the Columbus Division of Police may not be taking any motor vehicle collision reports that only involve property damage, and no injury. This may occur during very inclement weather or if there is a critical incident occurring within the City which demands a large police response.

If you are involved in a collision and officers are not responding, exchange information with the other involved parties and within 24-hours report to the Police Headquarters Information Desk (Main Lobby) to complete a report. The officers at the Information Desk will give you further instructions at that time. Or you may obtain an accident report online. The reports are available in .pdf format and must be printed out at home and either mailed or brought to Police Headquarters. The Division of Police does not accept faxed accident reports.

Here is the accident report and instructions for download online.

Just print it and fill it out and follow instructions for turning it in.

http://www.columbuspolice.org/FormsPublications/CrashReportContin.html

I'm assuming this was Columbus, if not, it will be something else then.

I would seriously have, but I just took Ambien.

For private property police are definitely able to cite for extreme cases, but they will do a police report, it's their job.

To be completely honest bro, if you have a "major headache" AND neck pain, I'd go now just to be safe. You can call 911 or the non-emergency number. "I was in an accident earlier and my head has was hurting but it's gotten progressively worse.. I don't have a car and I'm afraid I need to go to the hospital"

If you have health insurance there's probably no reason not to call 911

Whats the non emergency number? I have never called it before.

mr a if there is an injury of any kind you want a report. it helps when the fingers start pointing. my brother was hit on private property by and we filed a report and it was a good decision as we ended up in the hospital later that night due to his injuries.

feel better man. did you get a ride yet?

I'm glad so many people have come to help out, shows how much people care.

Keep us updated. Make sure to get a police report after you get out of the doctors.

Thanks I am glad I just took the car today. I will let you know and thanks for your help.

Seems to have been said already but:

Get a police report, even if it is just for the insurance company. That will help show who was at fault.

Get to the ER & get checked out, tell then you have a headache, neck hurts etc make sure that is on some kind of report too. When her insurance comes to paying out the more damage you have the more they will want to settle sooner, the longer it drags on the more they will end up paying.

Keep track of ALL bills you get due to this, even stuff like sick time from work, gas money to go to hospital etc etc

Last of all, thank f**k you were not on the bike at the time.

I know there are some f**king stupid dumb f**ks in our paking lot. I lose count of how many time I've had near misses on the bike & the truck.

Seems to have been said already but:

Get a police report, even if it is just for the insurance company. That will help show who was at fault.

Get to the ER & get checked out, tell then you have a headache, neck hurts etc make sure that is on some kind of report too. When her insurance comes to paying out the more damage you have the more they will want to settle sooner, the longer it drags on the more they will end up paying.

Keep track of ALL bills you get due to this, even stuff like sick time from work, gas money to go to hospital etc etc

Last of all, thank f**k you were not on the bike at the time.

I know there are some f**king stupid dumb f**ks in our paking lot. I lose count of how many time I've had near misses on the bike & the truck.

Ok I got the 5 hours from work I missed today. Can you ask kate to print off what time was used and I will put it on the insurance report.

Just saw this thread.

I have to agree with the majority here.

Get checked out.

File a police report, they will take one even if they don't want to.

Write down what happened, you wont remember exactly what happened 6 years from now when it goes to court.

Get pics.

Save all receipts.

Glad you are mostly OK.

If you would have been on the ninja, well, you weren't, thats good.

Never liked that crazy parking lot either.

I'm near Dublin, need something call.

614-560-0630