Got hit by a van today.

Mr Anderson

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hellz yea, tell them you're going to speak with a lawyer / looking into filing a DV (Diminished Value) claim.

See what they say.

This whole "insurance game" is all a big bluff on who is the biggest bullshitter. All you need to do is show them you're cognizant of the law and your legal rights, and they'll pony up. Otherwise, you take it in the ass like most people who don't have the time, knowledge, understanding, ability, or any combination thereof to fight with the insurance company.

Thanks man really. My first accident and yeah your right I probably would not have known anything. I'm going to call the adjustor tomorrow to get it started.

just find the largest for sale price tag for a similar car to yours, and they'll pay up that amount for the total. if your car is easily repaired (track toy, perhaps?) buy it back for almost nothing.

Thanks man really. My first accident and yeah your right I probably would not have known anything. I'm going to call the adjustor tomorrow to get it started.

You should not be negotiating with their adjuster.

Your insurance company should be.

Offering you quick cash for your med bills gets them out of a lawsuit. I hope you haven't accepted that money yet. They can NOT tell you where or how to get your car fixed.

Seriously, getting someone to represent your interests is not greedy. Call your insurance co. NOW. If you don't like what you hear, call an attorney. You need REAL advice and not a handful of suggestions from the interweb.

You should not be negotiating with their adjuster.

Your insurance company should be.

Offering you quick cash for your med bills gets them out of a lawsuit. I hope you haven't accepted that money yet. They can NOT tell you where or how to get your car fixed.

Seriously, getting someone to represent your interests is not greedy. Call your insurance co. NOW. If you don't like what you hear, call an attorney. You need REAL advice and not a handful of suggestions from the interweb.

And there you have it. IANAL, but to tell you that they are going to fix your car with aftermarket/used parts is complete bullshit. I suppose that they already have a shop in mind that can source and install all these parts, and that is completely illegal. In Ohio, you have the right to have the work done at the shop of your choosing, ESPECIALLY since you are not at-fault.

Got a news update. Got a call from the repair shop and it is now confirmed that I have frame damage. They took the poor old stang apart and they called the claim adjuster back out. Depending on how much it will cost to fix this bad boy. I might be getting a check. So far no word from the adjuster and I told them I want the money and not their cheap parts to fix my frame.

Insist on genuine new Ford crap I mean parts. There is no reason not to repair/replace your Ford parts w/Ford parts. If you are serious about using your father's attorney, make sure the next time the other insurance company calls, you direct them to your attorney.