Got hit by a van today.

Mr Anderson

While driving back from my lunch break to chase. I was going about 20mph in my mustang gt up a hill. A women in a van going about the same speed as me failed to stop and hit the passenger side of my car at the intersection. My right tire had her license plate in it and her front end was messed up. I honked my horn right when I saw her. I swerved to the left side to try and dodge her but she t-boned my car. Scared the crap out of me and on impact the air bags deployed.

Damage to my hood, right side messed up, tire was out of alignment with her plate in my brakes and right side door was caved in. Back right side was also messed up from the impact. Horn would not turn off and the medics arrived in less then 4 minutes. Thank god I was ok but I have a huge headache and my neck hurts. Car is probably going to be totaled as everything is pretty much destroyed.

We were both ok and she had insurance so I am getting a rental car tomorrow. I had my car towed to krieger ford. Waiting for the insurance man to come take a look at my car. It happened on private property so no cops involved. Got my witness and had the corp security fill out the report. I go on to live another day and all I can say is vans scare the crap out of me. I am in little shock right now so I am going to bed. Just glad I was not killed today and impact happened at a low speed.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go to the hospital now. End of conversation. You need to be checked out after ANY crash with airbags.

Additionally you MUST have documentation you saught treatment in case you have problems later.

Glad you're well enough to post, but go to the ER now.

Go to the hospital now. End of conversation. You need to be checked out after ANY crash with airbags.

Additionally you MUST have documentation you saught treatment in case you have problems later.

Glad you're well enough to post, but go to the ER now.

The medic said I was fine but I will go tomorrow. I don't have a car to get there.

The medic said I was fine but I will go tomorrow. I don't have a car to get there.

That's fine, usually for civil actions they look for 24 hours, but if you're head and/or neck hurts you can and should call an ambulance.

After my accident they warned me of muscle pains about 12 hours after.

Just be careful and play it safe bud.

And reguardless of private property file a police report. May insurance companies require one to be filed within 24 hours.

Glad you are okay and not on the bike.

I almost rode my bike today but decided to take my car at the last second.

I don't have any transportation to the ER and I will go tomorrow.

That's fine, usually for civil actions they look for 24 hours, but if you're head and/or neck hurts you can and should call an ambulance.

After my accident they warned me of muscle pains about 12 hours after.

Just be careful and play it safe bud.

Thanks my first accident and I called my dad to help me out. I'm getting off now but I will get checked out tomorrow.

Holy crap I saw the no police report too. Seriously, you need a police report as well. In the next 24 hours here's what you need to do for realz:

Doctor

Police Report

Insurance

Rest

Should I call them or go into the station. The corp security guy said the police do not get involved with accidents on private property. He said they are treated like the police and the insurance company goes through their report. I was informed not to worry about contacting the police beacuse they would not help me.

dude to push the issue.. we as medics can really only check the basics.. we cant tell if there is a hairline fracture or spinal disc that could bulge after a nights sleep and so on.. SEEK medical attention just because... wouldnt you rather be SAFE THAN SORRY (you wouldnt get on your bike again with out a helmet would ya?)

Thanks my first accident and I called my dad to help me out. I'm getting off now but I will get checked out tomorrow.

Glad to hear you're dad is helping. I'm not trying to be a dick, just being very clear I'm serious. I've seen bad things happen from accidents that seemed to be a minor fender bender.

Just looking out for you.

dude to push the issue.. we as medics can really only check the basics.. we cant tell if there is a hairline fracture or spinal disc that could bulge after a nights sleep and so on.. SEEK medical attention just because... wouldnt you rather be SAFE THAN SORRY (you wouldnt get on your bike again with out a helmet would ya?)

+1, my little bro was in a rollover accident and walked away fine but was complaining of chest pains later. I took him to the ER and they checked him out. He was fine after a long night of waiting but you can never be too cautious. See if you can get a friend to drive you to the ER and inform them of what's up and that you would like checked out. It'll be covered under her insurance anyway right?

Should I call them or go into the station. The corp security guy said the police do not get involved with accidents on private property. He said they are treated like the police and the insurance company goes through their report. I was informed not to worry about contacting the police because they would not help me.

Not so, they will if there is an injury.

And it's not up to a medic to say you are fine.

I'm not trying to make you worry,

but doctors make those decisions.

No offense to medics and nurses.

But any impact injury is likely to need examination and possibly xray.

The darn airbags probably created the greater impact...

Having said this, the last time I got hit by a mini-van/soccer mom,

I didn't go to the doctor either. But it was a slow speed side swipe impact.

Glad you are ok.

Should I get checked out now. If so I can give anyone my address and location. To be honest my mom does not want to take me and I don't want to go by myself. That is why I was not going to go the hospital.

Should I get checked out now. If so I can give anyone my address and location. To be honest my mom does not want to take me and I don't want to go by myself. That is why I was not going to go the hospital.

Jeez man...little cold from your mom huh? Did you want to go tonight or tomorrow? I'm not really doing anything tonight...and just had plans to ride tomorrow. Let me know bud, i'll stay out there with you as long as needed.