Day of silence for fallen riders?

Casper

Day of silence for fallen riders, March 17th?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Day of silence for fallen riders, March 17th?

• Yes
    • No

We already do memorial rides for fallen riders.

I think the site being down for a day will remind a whole lot of people (roughly 1000 - 1400 visit each day) to ride safe, watch out for crazy fuckers on cell phones, to wear gear, etc.

duly noted.

I was just offering substitute to shutting down the .net for 1 day...if my life is taken while I'm riding, I wouldn't want this site or any internet site shut down for that day. I would hope my friends could find a more fitting way to commemorate and celebrate my life.

now if you're motive is to shut down the site for a day to promote and practice safe motorcycle riding (ride safe, watch out for crazy fuckers on cell phones, to wear gear, etc.) then we've got a whole 'nother disagreement :)

Good idea, but like some others, I don't know what I would do with my day!

Actually, 3-17 is already a special day for me, as that was my mom's birthday. I always remember that day much more than the day she died.

I'm also all for a memorial ride. Of course, everyone had better have all their gear on for it!

The only problem I see with this is that it is Saint Patricks day and I generally stay off the bike that day. I dont mind the forum being offline that day but as far as a ride goes maybe the weekend before or after.

QFT I'll be 3 sheets and up to my kilt in festivities that day....:D:p;)

Maybe take the memorial page from the day of silence and add a "In memory of" section on the forum.

I was thinking about that. I think so.

That's how I did it on the DTC forum