How To Secure Your Bike

msbmoto

I have read through this section and I got really upset of how some people take away someone's joy.

I figured the solution to this is actually learn how to secure your bike and make it hard for someone to steal it. A theif is always looking for the easy catch so the more you make it harder to move the bike the least likely it could happen.

Here is a link that is a good read but lets start a "GOOD IDEA" suggestions.

http://www.lewkiw.com/html/theft1.html

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got mine chained to a 50-75' tall/2-foot thick tree using a zinc-alloy logging chain that I run through the swing arm (with a canvas sheath to prevent the chain from scratching the swing arm) and a massive solid steel padlock to lock everything together. If they wanna take it, they're either getting a bike without a swing arm or they're going to make a hell of a lot of noise with a pretty serious saw trying to get the whole thing.

But at this point, they'd be doing me a favor X-( I could use that insurance check...

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Yes, a bike should be locked down whatever way possible.

But the real theft deterrent is to have an loud audible alarm on it.

Second best is a motion activated light that covers the area the bike is in.

Both will generally chase a thief away. They don't like attention.

I have full coverage and have been looking for a good excuse to buy a new bike...

Sportbikes: due their lack of weight, are very easily picked up by 2 dudes and thrown in the back of a truck.

heavy cruisers are a bit more difficult but still stolen. I haven't come across a lock or chain yet that can defeat any cordless cutting device.

picture.php?albumid=392&pictureid=3906&thumb=1 i use scorpio alarm then that wake him up then that last what you see i just have to clean up lol

trying to read this post just completely mind-fucked me. :wtf:

my bike is parked in a garage...my only worry is someone stealing it when im at school or something...my handlebars dont even lock, someone could literally walk up, put in my clutch, and roll my bike away

my bike is parked in a garage...my only worry is someone stealing it when im at school or something...my handlebars dont even lock, someone could literally walk up, put in my clutch, and roll my bike away

That's the European method. They just ride it down hill and you never see it again.

I have full coverage and have been looking for a good excuse to buy a new bike...

Sportbikes: due their lack of weight, are very easily picked up by 2 dudes and thrown in the back of a truck.

heavy cruisers are a bit more difficult but still stolen. I haven't come across a lock or chain yet that can defeat any cordless cutting device.

Roadlok CANNOT be defeated. ;)

trying to read this post just completely mind-fucked me. :wtf:

He's from NY so you gotta be able to translate.:D

What he said was: My Scorpio alarm wakes up my African Lion(true story) and when he's done, I have to use a mop to clean up.:p