Not sure what to think of this...

Likwid

I walked in and went straight to the cafeteria for breakfast. Someone saw the helmet and said "Oh what do you ride" so I told him and he said he has a ZX9 and a Busa.... we chatted for a bit and I made a joke, of course, about the busa and turning...

He said the Busa turns better than the 9, it's a great bike for turns because of the low center of gravity...So yah... am I missing something? Or is it that plus "Oh what stage jet do you have for the 9?" and him saying "What?" ... I r confused...

Really cool guy though, wish I worked with more riders.

This sounds judgemental but on first contact I assume everyone is a squid, because. . . well . . . most riders are.

I never actually thought about it that way, but I have to agree.

I had a guy ask me yesterday if my VF500 will do a wheelie, I said I had no reason to try it (it would take some skillz to get the wheel up on it, I would think) then he proceeded to ask if i had done any burnouts. I didn't think there was much point in explaining how much bike tires cost, and how quickly they wear out (compared to cars) so I just said no.

No offense to those around here that do stunts, wheelies, or whatever, but the bike has 2 wheels, and I prefer to keep them both on the ground, as riding well is enough of a challenge to me right now!

I deal with the squidliness enough, guy at work is a total squid! I think he even has a pair of flip flops with the toe cover thingy for the shifter....

(Ok, that last part was a total lie, just messin with ya! You know who you are!)

:nono: I think it all depends on the rider on how well any bike corners. :nono:

Sometimes when I talk to other riders it's makes me realize how stupid some people can be. From people you expect to have a clue they seem to have none at all. I have the bike I have, you have the bike you have. Just ride the damn thing and leave the competition at the door.

Just ride your own bike and be happy with it.:rolleyes:

+2 For most riders it has less to do with can the bike do it and more to do with can you ride that machine well enough to do it? :p

+2 For most riders it has less to do with can the bike do it and more to do with can you ride that machine well enough to do it? :p

Exactly. And most riders (myself definately included) only touch a fraction of what a bike can do. I know there are some riders on here that are the exception to that, and you can tell. The better riders almost never talk like they are that good.

Myself, I am sometimes lucky not to drop the bike taking it off of, or putting it on the side stand! (True story!)

ever seen nick manhandle that 14?? he could give a 6 a run for its money in the twisties any day, give him even a tiny straight and he'll be gone.

bike doesnt matter as stated, its rider.

although yes there are lots of squid and wannabe's out there that ask about the wheelies and what not, i just try and get in their head that dragging knee at 90+ is much more fun.

although yes there are lots of squid and wannabe's out there that ask about the wheelies and what not, i just try and get in their head that dragging knee at 90+ is much more fun.

I totally disagree with this statement! Dragging a knee at 90 on the streets is just as Squidly as doing a wheelie in traffic. Both are just as dangerous weather the rider is skilled or not. Dragging knee on the track and do wheelies in a parking lot is respectable. I do agree cornering is a lot more fun. But going to the extreme of dragging knee at 90 is reckless no matter what anyone says. Hell watch the TT. At the speeds those guys are riding many times they don't even touch a knee. While you watch gap videos with guys trying stick the knee out as far as they can just to get it down. STUPID! Look at me, Look at me. I can do a wheelie and use my knee pucks! I'm cool!:rolleyes:

It's seems really hard to find riders who can find a happy median with there bikes capabilities, their skills being content in the middle. Always one extreme to another.

Sometimes when I talk to other riders it's makes me realize how stupid some people can be. From people you expect to have a clue they seem to have none at all. I have the bike I have, you have the bike you have. Just ride the damn thing and leave the competition at the door.

Yup, most people are full of shite and just want to let it flow. Agree with you, just ride at your own pace and don't worry about what others do or try to do.

I totally disagree with this statement! Dragging a knee at 90 on the streets is just as Squidly as doing a wheelie in traffic. Both are just as dangerous weather the rider is skilled or not. Dragging knee on the track and do wheelies in a parking lot is respectable. I do agree cornering is a lot more fun. But going to the extreme of dragging knee at 90 is reckless no matter what anyone says. Hell watch the TT. At the speeds those guys are riding many times they don't even touch a knee. While you watch gap videos with guys trying stick the knee out as far as they can just to get it down. STUPID! Look at me, Look at me. I can do a wheelie and use my knee pucks! I'm cool!:rolleyes:

It's seems really hard to find riders who can find a happy median with there bikes capabilities, their skills being content in the middle. Always one extreme to another.

oops should have clarified...

i meant on the track, turn 1 specifically at mid oh :D

streets scare the shit out of me dude.

i like the guys that ask me if i can wheelie the Warrior... i usually turn around and get out of there as soon as possible.

now don't get me wrong, i know a few guys the can wheelie harleys and shit, but that another story... it can be done.

just ask Contraband. a Harley stunt team from Canal Fulton up here. (this goes back to my stunt days)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RTTYSSKMa0

I am not against stunting per say, I am against doing it where others can be hurt if you screw up. Practicing things like wheelies is usefull in learning how to control the bike in excelleration, gaining balance and learning the motors power band. I guess that's why I like offroad riding, it allows me to improve skills you can't learn on the road.

He'll probably be fine after he develops his "mad skillz". Or checks his tire pressure.

Dude, that's funny right there...

Thanks Lost1888, for what you said. It was probably time we expressed that there are extremes on the street that are a bit too extreme. No matter what they are. I could only wish that cagers could understand that also, and stop texting/phoning/etc while driving.

I could only wish that cagers could understand that also, and stop texting/phoning/etc while driving.

On that note, I was a bit saddened the other day when I was in the Reynoldsburg area, I saw a squid sitting on his bike at a light, texting. Ugh... And WE try to improve the image of bikers, and encourage cagers to be safe, while Mr. Squidly is out there texting on his bike... Frustrating at the least. Oh, and Mr. Squidly was in shorts, no helmet or gloves....Probably those special flip-flop's also.

On that note, I was a bit saddened the other day when I was in the Reynoldsburg area, I saw a squid sitting on his bike at a light, texting. Ugh... And WE try to improve the image of bikers, and encourage cagers to be safe, while Mr. Squidly is out there texting on his bike... Frustrating at the least. Oh, and Mr. Squidly was in shorts, no helmet or gloves....Probably those special flip-flop's also.

he was probably tweetering... I'm on a bike!