my next bike

oldschoolsdime92

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive found nice used ones with 7-10k on them for 5-7k

Go with the 5th gen. Cheaper to own and have a sportier character, but not a whole lot to look at.

For example

http://columbus.craigslist.org/mcy/1337227981.html

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/1367974700.html

If you can only have one bike, it should probably be a VFR ;)

Question, what's the reasoning behind going straight up new?

i'd guess financing. Personally, i can't stand the idea of financing a bike, but some people insist that the factory warranty and knowledge that no one else 'abused' the bike is worth it.

i'd guess financing. Personally, i can't stand the idea of financing a bike, but some people insist that the factory warranty and knowledge that no one else 'abused' the bike is worth it.

I plan on buying out right, or having a huge down payment. I don't like the idea of having a bike financed either. Hell i dont even like having a car payment. The whole thing of buying new was when I was on the gladius kick. I couldn't find a used one. So brand new came into play. As far as the vfr's go I have heard the gear driven cammed vfr is a better bike overall than the newer ones. I have no experience to back this up just hear say.

well I rode the sprint, for alittle over 100 miles today, Ran it through the paces. Did a highway bomb from troy to miamisburg, hit some twisties, did some in town cruising, and I decided thats one heck of a bike! Super comfy, lots of low end power, with plenty of top end go getem! Heres a pic! TOR carbon muffler, triumph soft luggage, off road tune,triumph solo seat cowl

100_0021.jpg

I had a 955i for a few years. I liked it, beat the piss out of it and it took the abuse, but I like working on bikes and hated the way the thing was put togeather ? I know that sounds wierd , But that's what it was, I didn't like taking it appart ! bwahahaha

id like alittle more time on a new bike before i jump and do that. Call me a pussy or not haha.

Haha, thats fine. Do you wanna ride around Dayton on Thursday? I'm thinkin of taking the "Sunday route". Haven't been out there in a long while.

BTW, that's the cleanest older Triumph 955 I've ever seen. That thing looks showroom new!