Saturday 10/22 ride

Schap

As mentioned in the Sunday 10/22 thread, here's the "Saturday 10/22" thread for this Saturday (Sept. 12). This will be my first time on 10/22 (at least I think it will be).

Based on comments in the Sunday thread, we've got some interest for Saturday...and a group of 4-5 from Dayton may be able to make it! :eek:

Details: Saturday, Sept. 12 @ 10:30 a.m. Shell on AA

schap, if i may offer advice (the famous 10/22 lecture as it was handed down to me :) ) take your time, ride your own ride. those roads will eat you if you get cocky. they are the best roads around, few stops, speed limit of 55 and few cops and traffic. learn the roads first and then go faster otherwise the roads will grind you to a stop :cheers:

I agree and thanks for handing down the lecture. :)

Like the first time I rode the Dragon, I'll take it easy. I like to have some fun, but I'm not there to prove anything.

I'm surprised the speed limit is 55. Let the good times roll.

Yes.......as of now there will be a couple of us coming from Dayton. Two know the roads very well, including some others. They've been riding them since 05 or earlier.

The others I've invited down, which may also invite others themselves, are going to be brand new to these roads. So our pace will not be fast at all.

As for myself, I used to consider this my weekly and weekend playground. However after a long layoff from Sep 06, I'm just now riding again. So I'm becoming familiar with it like an old friend.

There will probably be a lot more coming from Dayton in the future. Some of our good roads have been taken over by gravel and other hazards due to construction projects. We’re not talking the small stuff either. I rounded a corner and was greeted by gravel (or rocks) the size of baseballs or a little bigger.

So now I just steer individuals elsewhere for the good roads.

See you guys down there.....:D

10's concrete sucks. ...

Sounds familiar. I think I was on this road before back in the fall of 07. I don't think I made it to 22, but I found another road that I made a few passes on.

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.