Do you need your website hosted? Looking for something cheaper?

Casper

Cant do DTC on the phone either, but my phone is setup a little screwy :nono:

Am I allowed to make our usual "That's 'cause Verizon Sucks" comment here..... Or am I gonna butthurt you again 'cause I've used it too many times?!? ;)

<p>

Not to mention....... I'm assuming we'd lose all our content thus far if we switched sites/servers</p>

<p> </p>

<p>And we don't own any board software, which would be another expense, I'm guessing

</p>

<p> </p>

Fonz let me know if you want to talk, i've done phpbb to vB migrations before.

Ohio Riders started out on phpBB. I migrated to vBulletin.

I'd heard that before. So did you lose all your content that was "pre" vBulletin, or were you somehow able to save it like Matt's talkin'?

I'd heard that before. So did you lose all your content that was "pre" vBulletin, or were you somehow able to save it like Matt's talkin'?

First of all, Ben fix the mobile and iPhone skins please! When you go into the postbit it's in html for some reason!

Ahhh, you are correct on the database dump, can't do it yourself, but it looks like FreeForums will do it for you for $30

http://kb.freeforums.org/questions/22/I+need+a+Database+Backup+to+move+my+Forum

Also Fonz, Phpbb and invision are free, but vB is a pay per use license and they DO go after ANY WEBSITE that uses the software without license.

Edited by Likwid

I hosted my own phpBB site. So migrating the data was easy. If they'll do a backup for you like the link he posted, we can import you into a hosted copy of phpBB in minutes, or migrate you to vBulletin no problem.

First of all, Ben fix the mobile and iPhone skins please! When you go into the postbit it's in html for some reason

Yeah..... I tried that new Ohio-Riders.com on my blackberry yesterday for shits & giggles, and the load time was WAAAAY slower for some reason, than when I just normally go to ohioriders.net :dunno:

I hosted my own phpBB site. So migrating the data was easy. If they'll do a backup for you like the link he posted, we can import you into a hosted copy of phpBB in minutes, or migrate you to vBulletin no problem.

We'll have to talk...... 'Cause we're starting to get above my "geekspeak" comfort/knowledge level :D

Sorry I forgot/didn't call you back the other night either