Borrowed a ride

granda080

picture.php?albumid=591&pictureid=7432&thumb=1So I got a chance to ride my buddies R6. I've never had a chance to ride an actual sport bike. I don't really consider my FZ6 a sport bike...it's more of some type of hybrid. Anyway, after about ten seconds I figured out why you all love your sport bikes so much. I love my FZ6 and wouldn't trade it for anything else, as I like doing long distance rides, but this was seriously a great ride. Just thought that I'd share.

...I don't really consider my FZ6 a sport bike...

Hey! Don't insult your FZ6 like that! Bad rider! Just cause you're not bent

over in a fricken racing stance doesn't mean it ain't a sport bike!

I love my FZ6R too ;)

Don't get me wrong I love my FZ6. A large part of that being I don't have to be bent over the tank, but it was just so much fun! It's one of those the grass is always greener on the other side things. It was a nice R6...as far as I know. It was in great shape.

Any suggestions on what bike I should try to sneak a ride on next? Or the best borrowed ride anyone else has had?

Snatch a ride on an Italian v-twin next. You'll never go back to an inline four again. :D

I'm sure. Now if only I knew someone with an Italian V-twin....j/k. I'm sure it's an incredible ride. The Aprilla's and Ducati's are more like works of art than motorcycles.

no more incredible to the average person than a cbr suzuki or yamaha.

You're probably right, but to riders there is a difference. I love the story of Ducati. They have such an interesting history of how they ended up manufactoring bikes. I know that most of the manufactorers do, but I'm particularly fond of Ducati's. If you ever have a chance to see the documentary that "Twist the Throttle" did on them it's great...all of there documentaries are.