New here...

ohdaho

Wanted to say hi. Just got stationed at WPAFB and living in Beavercreek.

Moved here from SoCal where the riding season was 365. I just installed a new (to me) Akra on my 05 ZX6R and I havent been able to test it out due to the weather WTF!

Anyone know a good shop in Dayton where I can buy gear? Where are all the good roads to ride?

Welcome.

Route 10 and route 22 in N. Kentucky has some nice roads. As well as Coshocton, OH if you have a guide.

I'm just down the road in Kettering.

N. Ky?!?!? Damn isnt that like 3 hrs away?

I guess I was spoiled back in SoCal. I used to live 10 minutes from Angeles Forest Hwy. That road scared me though...Ive only been riding for 5 months.

As mentioned, Route 10 and 22 are the closest really good roads for you.

The best riding roads in Ohio are in the SE corner of the state: State routes: 555, 676, 145, 147, 148, 26, 78, 255, 800, 556, 536 to name a few of my favourites. As you are relatively inexperienced, better take a guide when you ride 555, 536 and 255 - they are very technical roads..

Hi, welcome to a Newbie from a Newbie.... :-)

We just got stationed at Wright Pat too. We have gotten in touch with the Wright riders and will probably go to our first Wright Riders social on tuesday.

We go to Competition Accessories for gear. It is the largest MC supplier in the area. It is in Springfield, about 30 min from Beavercreek.

http://www.ridemotorcyclesinc.com/

Mel

I guess I was spoiled back in SoCal. I used to live 10 minutes from Angeles Forest Hwy. That road scared me though...Ive only been riding for 5 months.

Nice! SoCal transplant myself. I was never a fan of Angeles Crest; had a squid almost take me off trying to pass a bunch of bikes using my lane. Not for the beginner and definitely too crowded on the weekends. Lots of open road here.

:welcome: