WHEN to buy gear/bikes/accessories?

Likwid

Alright folks weigh in.

Typically when do the biggest discounts occur?

Spring

Summer

Fall

Winter

I got a pair of neoprene gloves yesterday for cold weather riding but I still need a good pair of summer gloves... I'm wondering when I should buy them.

Also debating getting a second bike. From a marketing/business perspective I can see how winter would be the slowest traffic and therefore shops would want to drive traffic, but since there aren't a lot of sales they can't really afford deep discounts.

Alright, enough babbling, give me some advice of when to buy my gloves, helmet, pants, and look at bikes.

Usually fall is the best time to buy a bike for seveal reasons but the biggest is the "new" bikes are going to come out and peoples bikes will a generation older. It seems that the very slow economy has been enough to keep the manufactures from making any significant changes to any of their models. It looks like new bikes (leftovers) are the best deal right now. Cheap new bikes have pushed down the price of used bikes enough that people might just hold on to them for another season.

Usually fall is the best time to buy a bike for seveal reasons but the biggest is the "new" bikes are going to come out and peoples bikes will a generation older. It seems that the very slow economy has been enough to keep the manufactures from making any significant changes to any of their models. It looks like new bikes (leftovers) are the best deal right now. Cheap new bikes have pushed down the price of used bikes enough that people might just hold on to them for another season.

Cheap new bikes? Where? Methinks prices are through the roof!

That said, the amount of technology that goes into todays bike, I'm surprised they don't cost any more than they do.

For me, fall would be the best time to buy a bike, since I would be buying used, and people would want to dump them instead of storing. Funny thing though, the spring is when I got a good deal on my first bike! I think it may b e due to people getting riding fever, and wanting something new for the season.

Gear = year round.

ToBeFast.com will meet or beat anyones price and they're a sponsor.

newenough.com is the shit

moto-sport.com is free 2 day shipping for over $100 and they're low priced.

motorcycle-superstore.com is another good one.

Those are the websites I always shop from. Can't beat'em. :cool:

Cheap new bikes? Where? Methinks prices are through the roof!

That said, the amount of technology that goes into todays bike, I'm surprised they don't cost any more than they do.

For me, fall would be the best time to buy a bike, since I would be buying used, and people would want to dump them instead of storing. Funny thing though, the spring is when I got a good deal on my first bike! I think it may b e due to people getting riding fever, and wanting something new for the season.

Leftovers, current design but a year or so old.

k, so gear should be purchased whenever you find a good deal on a website, makes sense to me.

I'd love to buy a brand new bike... but I'm not sure that I want to finance a bike.

Nope, gear should be bought whenever you need something, and you find a good deal on it anywhere!

I'm with hya on the not financing one. I've pretty much sworn to not finance anything ever again (except maybe a house one day.)

finally talked the wifey into getting a 2nd bike???

i concur with website closeouts. Its how I've gotten all my gear so far and its worked out well.

Shouldn't be too hard, she's already been wavering on her "I'd never ride" stance... I may get a standard/sport that we could both ride.

I got a email notification the other day these gloves were on sale. Might be something for you to look at. I've heard when I was looking for gloves these were pretty good.

http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/gloves/joe_rocket/phoenix_3_motorcycle_gloves.html

• 2 weeks later...

When it comes to bikes, I am willing to say that fall/winter is your best bet. I would say within the next 2-3 months because the economy is coming back slowly. Right now we are getting numerous e-mail from people that have bought from us in the past trying to sell them back to us because of cash problems. It is a buyers market right now, no lie.

When it comes to bikes, I am willing to say that fall/winter is your best bet. I would say within the next 2-3 months because the economy is coming back slowly. Right now we are getting numerous e-mail from people that have bought from us in the past trying to sell them back to us because of cash problems. It is a buyers market right now, no lie.

Makes sense, thanks Justin. I've been keeping an eye on your site, I'm hoping for a deal "I can't refuse" I already missed one this year (Nightrider's Ninja for <$500) so I'm making sure I don't miss another deal like that :)

i buy my gear when and where i can get it cheaper. i usually browse

motorcycle-superstore.com

newenough.com

and others..

but 99% of the time i can get the best deal on ebay.

i have bought everything but my shift paants from ebay.. and have paid at minimum 30% cheaper than it goes for at IP.

i love "best offer" option on ebay