What should I get?

Casper

Ben ill sell you a clean 2002 klx300 it has fmf exhust and a few other goodies for the low price of $900 with a title. I took it on trade for a paint job and with 9 other bikes in the garage i cant seem to make it fit

That's a good price, and a nice bike. Easily plated for the street, too.

Wouldn't be super-awesome on a long haul, but for day-trips and trails that's a great bike...and has an easier off-road learning curve than a 650.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI Casper, there's no rep points on ADVrider, so nobody is gonna know how cool you are. :D

I never had the top rep, or even near it. I'm not cool, so a place without a rep system would be better for me anyways. :nono:

MeefZah, I'm thinking about.

FYI Casper, there's no rep points on ADVrider, so nobody is gonna know how cool you are. :D

Yeah, in ADV it's all about how big a post whore you can be, oh wait, how many posts do I have there?:o

V-stroms are great, relativly bullet proof bikes for the price but will not do what other DS bikes can simply because of lack of ground clearance. Meef takes good care of his bikes, I know. I have one and have owned two that he had. :)

I think it comes down to personal preferance. Most people who dual sport ride have tried several types of bikes before they really figure out just what works for them. The 400 to 650 range is a great starting point in DS bikes because they are able to do highway speeds and still preform well offroad. Most experienced riders I have looked to as teachers have proven the point again and again, "It's not the bike it's the rider".

Ben ill sell you a clean 2002 klx300 it has fmf exhust and a few other goodies for the low price of $900 with a title. I took it on trade for a paint job and with 9 other bikes in the garage i cant seem to make it fit

PM'd.

I was just thinking reading Jbot's thread how cool it would be to have a dual sport for these rides I take into Pa. With public trails and a permit riding over there could be that much more fun.

Do it! You have a blast. I miss my 400ex and Tw200. Someday there replacement is going to be a dual sport.